Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Cowboys and Aliens

I've heard about this movie for several months and saw it today. After seeing the reviews I had lowered expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. The story was solid, the action was great, and the acting was incredible, although having Daniel Craig, Olivia Wilde, and Harrison Ford made that hard to screw up. Overall, I thought it was a great movie.

If you don't know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he's just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It's one world, pal. We're all neighbors.

Re: Cowboys and Aliens

I'll be watching it tonight. So far I've heard mixed reviews so I'm interested in how it will turn out.
    I was very disappointed in Iron Man 2 so we'll see how Jon Favreau does in this film.

EDIT:
    Just finished it, pretty good!

I'm not very fond of western movies but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Acting was pretty much, as you said, incredible. I loved Harrison Ford's character, he seemed like a legitimate 'tough guy'. Daniel Craig did well too, he seemed perfect for the role.

The aliens were pretty scary and the flashbacks gave me chills. Though it seems kind of contrary to 'alien logic' that they would be so physical even with all that technology. I mean that usually when a race is so advanced, they are physically weak because they don't have the need for hand-to-hand combat. Whatever though, it didn't bother me.

I was relieved to find the movie was missing stupid jokes and annoying characters Jon Favreau is so fond of putting into his movies. When if came time for humor, it was light and well-placed.

Overall, I think the movie did very well for what it was and I would recommend it.