Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter IV

[tn=400:r7mhoyds]http://yourimg.in/m/192u70t.jpg[/tn:r7mhoyds]

It's finally fucking here. I've just started listening but so far it's good. I'm pretty sure "How to Love" and "How to Hate" are going to be shitty. "She Will" is also pretty weak I think; same with John. The rest of the tracks, so far, are enjoyable though.

My opinion(s) will be changing after I listen to it a few times.

Discuss this shit.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

oxymoron

Re: Lil Wayne - Tha Carter IV

As I already said, I love Blunt Blowin', best song of the album. Megaman, She Will and It's good are also cool. President Carter is a great solo song of him, great punchlines. Outro would've been cool if Shyne didn't ruin it.

And you're right about How To Hate and How To Love. T-Pain fucking ruined it and How To Love is just lame. ): Nightmares of Bottom wasn't really interesting either.

Overall I'm really happy with this album though, it has way more positive things than negative things and it was produced really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward
    As I already said, I love Blunt Blowin', best song of the album. Megaman, She Will and It's good are also cool. President Carter is a great solo song of him, great punchlines. Outro would've been cool if Shyne didn't ruin it.

And you're right about How To Hate and How To Love. T-Pain fucking ruined it and How To Love is just lame. ): Nightmares of Bottom wasn't really interesting either.

Overall I'm really happy with this album though, it has way more positive things than negative things and it was produced really well.
    So far I like the intro (needs a better fucking name), Blunt Blowin', Megaman, 6 Foot 7 Foot, She Will (Drake's part kind of sucks; Wayne's /but I'm Ray Charles to the bullshit/ lyric is awesome), Abortion (DAT PRODUCTION), So Special, President Carter (solid as fuck), It's Good, Outro (Shyne sounds like he's about to have a fucking stroke), I Like the View and Two Shots.

I'll be making a tier list soon luls.

oxymoron

6 foot 7 foot is also up there, left it out because it's commonly known that it's awesome, haha. I Like The View is also good yes and I still can't get over the fact how much Shyne has changed. Listen to his voice in this old song of him and compare it to his voice in Outro.

[youtube:1bz7olfh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BeTqapowAU[/youtube:1bz7olfh]

6 Foot 7 Foot may be the best song on the album. I've fucking loved that song since it came out.

Kind of a fucking shame some single that was released FUCKING WAY BEFORE the album was released is perhaps the most solid song. But oh well.

Veteran Enthusiast

I used to hate Lil Wayne's voice and music but I absolutely love it now, especially this album. Something about it, lol

I liked Wayne's old stuff more. I can't describe it but I liked his old songs like I'm Me and Let The Beat Build. They just were more entertaining for me. I probably won't buy this whole album but I'll get the good songs.
    [center:1unt1isk]
    -Streak[/center:1unt1isk]