Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Disturbia

Disturbia

Yes I know it's quite old, but I put the movie on my iPhone the other night and watched it in school when I had nothing to do. I then remembered how I fucking loved that movie.

Honestly, I think that the plot was well made, with the showing close relationship with his father to losing him, and how that event puts him into house arrest so that sets up the main plot of the movie. Then bringing in a girl (a quite good looking one at that IMO) to sum it all up. Sure it had it's cheesy points but overall I thought it was fucking amazing.

No to mention that it was most likely the best movie Shia Le'Bouf has ever made, because transformers ruined him IMO.

Opinions, dislikes, comments?
    [center:1unt1isk]
    -Streak[/center:1unt1isk]

Re: Disturbia

Transformers didn't ruin him. Regarding his characterization, there's absolutely no difference between Disturbia and Transformers.

Anyway, I enjoyed the film. My biggest complain is really the rushed climax and the very hollywoodish epilogue. And as I recall, the killer's motive in the movie was never really explained or so I think.

+3 Respect Points for Streak

I actually watched this movie 5 times the day after we rented it.
    There's just something about it that keeps me interested. Movie-wise, I don't think it's much different from any other neighborhood killer film, but this one just seems to stick out. I really really love this movie.

As for the killer's motive, he's just a psychopath. From documentaries I've seen, some people simply take pleasure from torturing and killing other human beings. It probably would've been nice to explore his past and see how he became a killer, but the film made an impact on me regardless.

Fanatic Enthusiast

I really liked the movie, but it seemed to short. From what I can remember the climax was really short, and it ended extremely quickly.

If you liked this movie, watch Rear Window. It's the 'original' version, and its excellent.
    [center:17tuwg7l][/center:17tuwg7l]

Quote Originally Posted by Stickid
    +3 Respect Points for Streak

I actually watched this movie 5 times the day after we rented it.
    There's just something about it that keeps me interested. Movie-wise, I don't think it's much different from any other neighborhood killer film, but this one just seems to stick out. I really really love this movie.

As for the killer's motive, he's just a psychopath. From documentaries I've seen, some people simply take pleasure from torturing and killing other human beings. It probably would've been nice to explore his past and see how he became a killer, but the film made an impact on me regardless.
    <3

Also, I know what you mean, it's not an amazing movie, I just have that feeling of it's me there when I watch it. Like when kid punched his teacher, I felt like in that situation I would have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    If you liked this movie, watch Rear Window. It's the 'original' version, and its excellent.
    I'll check it out thanks man.
    [center:1unt1isk]
    -Streak[/center:1unt1isk]