Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    oxymoron


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands / Holland
    Posts
    6,477

    Drake - Take Care

    Drake's new album; "Take Care" is out. I've been waiting for this quite some time. I've listened to it a lot now and all I can say is this guy is here to stay.

    I must say I did expect a bit more rap than r&b.

    What I'm saying is that I wanted to hear more songs like "Headlines" (and the songs listed below):
    [youtube:6exc79xb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw2LqT6vcwk[/youtube:6exc79xb]
    Definitely one of (if not the) best song on the album.

    Other songs from the album I really liked are:


    [youtube:6exc79xb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aVVeTr37Uw&feature=related[/youtube:6exc79xb]
    Really my kind of song. A simple and catchy hook, I love it.
    Apart from Drake, Birdman really killed it on this one.

    [youtube:6exc79xb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGHXUj9Q-4[/youtube:6exc79xb]
    Great beat and even better lyrics, really fits Drake.

    [youtube:6exc79xb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eei0m-nGwkE&feature=related[/youtube:6exc79xb]
    Nice and laid-back kind of song, not a very creative hook but it works. :>

    [youtube:6exc79xb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyBU0JZ3RbY[/youtube:6exc79xb]
    Normally not a fan of Rick Ross, but this worked out quite well.
    A very ..soulfull (?) beat.



    So what do you think of Take Care?

  2. #2
    Japanologist Wilio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Drake - Take Care

    I guess it's about time I start caring about his music. Didn't find anything appealing in his first, but this album does sound way better.

  3. #3
    oxymoron


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands / Holland
    Posts
    6,477

    Re: Drake - Take Care

    Starting to like that "H.Y.F.R." song with Lil' Wayne more by the day, so relaxing.

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stickpage. Hammering butts.
    Posts
    2,217

    Re: Drake - Take Care

    He needs to stop wearing those stupid black silk shirts, dude is not scarface. Otherwise than that he still got it.
    [center:2n8115hn][/center:2n8115hn]

  5. #5
    Devoted Veteran Crono's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    end of time
    Posts
    11,490

    Re: Drake - Take Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    He needs to stop wearing those stupid black silk shirts, dude is not scarface. Otherwise than that he still got it.
    Yeah, because his clothing is totally relevant to his rapping.

    Drake is alright. I've never really been a huge fan of his because he's never really impresses me. I see nothing fancy in his lyrical work or flow. He just seems super fucking average to me. Also, his hooks and choruses are pretty bogus.

    Pretty much the only rapper I like under Young Money is Lil Wayne because he's awesome. Cory Gunz is alright too, though.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

  6. #6
    Global Champyon Stickid's Avatar



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    4,307

    Re: Drake - Take Care

    Speaking of Young Money, what do you guys think of this new kid Torion?
    http://vimeo.com/32303397

    He seems talented for his age but way over hyped.

  7. #7
    oxymoron


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands / Holland
    Posts
    6,477

    Re: Drake - Take Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    He needs to stop wearing those stupid black silk shirts, dude is not scarface. Otherwise than that he still got it.
    Yeah, because his clothing is totally relevant to his rapping.

    Drake is alright. I've never really been a huge fan of his because he's never really impresses me. I see nothing fancy in his lyrical work or flow. He just seems super fucking average to me. Also, his hooks and choruses are pretty bogus.

    Pretty much the only rapper I like under Young Money is Lil Wayne because he's awesome. Cory Gunz is alright too, though.
    Yeah I see your point man, nothing mind blowing but I still like it a lot for some reason.

    Speaking of Lil' Wayne, I think Drake is starting to (try to) rap like him. Lots of one-liners, metaphors and such. Don't really know how to explain it, but when I hear him rap I can tell Lil' Wayne is an inspiration. I do prefer the songs with his older style though (like "Underground Kings", "Headlines"). A relaxed beat with a nice laid back flow to it.

  8. #8
    Devoted Veteran Crono's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    end of time
    Posts
    11,490

    Re: Drake - Take Care

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickid
    Speaking of Young Money, what do you guys think of this new kid Torion?
    http://vimeo.com/32303397

    He seems talented for his age but way over hyped.
    Fucking lame.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Situation
    Yeah I see your point man, nothing mind blowing but I still like it a lot for some reason.

    Speaking of Lil' Wayne, I think Drake is starting to (try to) rap like him. Lots of one-liners, metaphors and such. Don't really know how to explain it, but when I hear him rap I can tell Lil' Wayne is an inspiration. I do prefer the songs with his older style though (like "Underground Kings", "Headlines"). A relaxed beat with a nice laid back flow to it.
    That's kind a "no shit" obvious statement Lol. He sounds exactly like Wayne in some songs. Shit's stupid.

    Just saiyan. :>
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

  9. #9
    Enthusiast Prescot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    3rd World
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: Drake - Take Care

    Drakes on some faggot shit. I really dont think its that amazing to have a squad of writers make your lyrics for you. And hes biting that off Wayne. He cant even copy in his own style.
    I have more respect for Waka.

    That being said, whoever produces for him is pretty talented!
    [center:23j4mmrs]Animations
    [/center:23j4mmrs]


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •