Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

[youtube:3lp76u1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77UdYWDkgVE[/youtube:3lp76u1s]

Just saw it, very enjoyable.

There's alot I like about this movie. This film is beautiful, the colors and texture of everything really struck me in every frame. Acting is once again, superb. I really liked the villain, just his demeanor is so fun to watch. Action is on a bigger scale, larger guns, more complicated slow motion sequences mixed with very fast cuts.

This movie definitely had a different flavor to it than the first. There's less sleuth-y murders and more outward assassinations, the villain is constantly accessible, it's not even close to scary and there's no magic at all!

A few things I didn't like. The movie just had a very fast pace to it. I know that's Guy Ritchie's style but this movie seemed even faster than the last one. Bit too fast for me to really soak everything in.

Also, it seemed to end very, abruptly? I guess I was expecting a longer movie with a more drawn-out ending. Again the film was just too fast. Perhaps if I see it again I'll catch more witty dialogue and Robert & Jude-ery.

Overall I'd definitely recommend it.
    Have you guys seen this yet? Do you want to?

Re: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Saw the trailer in the cinema, looked really good.

I must say the first one is one my favorite movies. Definitely going to see this one as well.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Veteran Enthusiast

Saw this 2 days ago, it was amazing. I loved the film and the action scenes, the slow mo combined with the super fast bits made the action for me.

Although I wasn't a fan of the pace of the movie, seemed a bit too fast or whatever. Also I'm curious to know how he survived at the end.

All in all, great and enjoyable movie.

Banned

I saw the first one and loved it. From the trailer,this seems awesome.

Chief Turd

I absolutely loved this movie. I just love how different the characters are from each other, especially the contrast between Watson; collected, serious, and knows what he's doing, and Sherlock; a fucking nutjob. I do think the ending needs a bit of explanation, but overall I loved it.

Saw this the day it came out. I thought it was even better than the second one. The action scenes were just amazing. I particularly liked the slow motion scenes and the part where the dude was running through the woods and his head was centered in the camera. Great special effects, perfect timing in humor, and a smart ending. Worth the watch.

Btw, Lithium, you should get rid of that spoiler in your post.
    "An expensive watch will never buy you more time" theminimalists
    PM for CC - My Thread - Reference Collection - Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Mecha
    Saw this the day it came out. I thought it was even better than the second one. The action scenes were just amazing. I particularly liked the slow motion scenes and the part where the dude was running through the woods and his head was centered in the camera. Great special effects, perfect timing in humor, and a smart ending. Worth the watch.

Btw, Lithium, you should get rid of that spoiler in your post.
    I really liked this part, saw the movie yesterday, it was pretty fun, I got lost a bit at some parts but I managed to get it, I guess it was because of the fast pace like other have mentioned. Recommend to watch this

Thought this movie was great. It improved on the first, and the first was pretty damn good to start with. I liked how you didn't need to see the first movie in order to understand the second either. Also, like Pyro said, the cinematography when running through the woods was excellent.

If you don't know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he's just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It's one world, pal. We're all neighbors.

Hold on are you guys confused by the ending?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast