Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol

Short Review
    Good film. Unrelenting action, lowered reliance on technology, higher stakes and a rough new team makes this film pretty engaging. Lost with that though is a personal relationship with the main characters that has been carried thusfar in the series.

Rotten Tomatoes' statistics would argue that this film is the best of the series but I didn't like it as much.
    6.5/10 from me.

Long Review
    Right from the beginning all the gadgets really bothered me. It felt like a Sky Kids movie. The agents always had some sort of amazing gizmo that accomplishes nearly every task. In the prison scene they are able to hack into every camera, lock, and door in the facility. This continues in the following scenes whenever they're on a mission. Their technology is so advanced, they just crush everything in their path.

Contrast this with the first Mission: Impossible, when the information they had to obtain was in a freaking floppy disk. During missions in first, often the equipment they had to rely on most was forethought, teamwork, and physical dexterity. This was displayed perfectly in the "computer room" scene when Ethan was suspended from the ceiling to access the terminal.

Anyways, I was so relieved about 1/3rd through Ghost Protocol when they no longer had access to unlimited support and advanced technology. Big step in the right direction.

Plot-wise, it had a pretty believable but exhausted end-of-the-world scenario. Basically a small organization launches a warhead to incite nuclear war between two powerful nations. I first became familiar with this scenario in Sum Of All Fears and I've seen it repeated over and over ever since.

Im personally getting tired of all the apocalypse stuff in movies. Not only because its been done so many times but I honestly have a harder time connecting with the movie as a whole. I know that the world isnt going to be destroyed, it's a movie. I really dont care about any other characters besides the ones I'm familiar with anyways. I find a film much more effective if the focus is on the main characters rather than trying to raise tension by threatening the entire world. It's fine though, the movie's story still works.

I don't think any Mission: Impossible film could capture the same essence as the first, this one seems pretty up-to-date with today's films. I would recommend it, but I don't quite like it as much as the rest.

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol

I fucking loved this movie! It's extremely entertaining and cool to watch. The bit where he was climbing that huge skyscraper was fucking intense.

Banned

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was just so entertaining and whatnot.

It's from one of the most bad ass director that ever lived. Just for this, this movie deserves my watch.

I dunno about you guys, but that black chick was super duper hot.
    [center:3mz8yq62][/center:3mz8yq62]

Quote Originally Posted by Tytan

Gonna go see it next weekend or something. Looks good, but it'll interesting to see how it'll get better. I still like MI2 more..
    [center:1nw5ibyf]
    AnimatorX - Join us![/center:1nw5ibyf]

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage
    I still like MI2 more..
    I think the idea of creating a disease then charging money for the cure is evilishly genius.
    Pretty terrifying thought really, when you consider there are real facilities devoted to disease storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tytan
    Tbh, I didn't find her that attractive, something about her.

Anyways, the movie was thoroughly enjoyable and for all you wondering the tower is the Burj Khalifa(tallest building in the world at 2700ft+) in Dubai. Dubai already has 11 or 12 supertalls(most in the world), meaning skyscrapers exceeding 1000ft(and they still have a few under construction). This is an amazing feat considering Dubai was a barren desert 15 years ago. If only they were more economically smart and didn't rush through everything they wouldn't have cancelled the two building they had planned that would be almost 1000ft taller than the building you saw in the movie. This was due to their debt crisis, they are also cancelling the underwater 7star hotel and the manmade islands in the shape of the earth(or atleast postponing them). Hopefully their richer neighbours Abu Dhabi who are working on similar construction firsts will actually be smart and accomplish all their goals(such as the worlds first CIRCULAR skyscraper which was completed not long ago).

Overall the movie was good but some of the ridiculously unrealistic scenes always kill it for me, inside the mechanical car garage near the end was one. You who saw know what i'm talking about. -.-
    Slubberdegullion = Pivotelite.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage
    I still like MI2 more..
    I think the idea of creating a disease then charging money for the cure is evilishly genius.
    Pretty terrifying thought really, when you consider there are real facilities devoted to disease storage.
    Thats what I love about Mission Impossible. Im surprised they've actually made different, good storylines for each, not repetitive like other Spymovies like James Bond. I feel like most of the movies are based around one cheesy storyline and one stupidly evil bad guy.
    [center:1nw5ibyf]
    AnimatorX - Join us![/center:1nw5ibyf]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast