Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Your Top 10 Movies of the Year

Yes yes, we've all got a top 10 of all time list, that's cool and all. That's not what this is for, though; what I want you to do is tell me what 10 movies you thought were the best that came out this year. If you can't name 10, put down how many ever you can think of. At least some reasoning would be nice too, but whatever.

in no specific order:

10. Cowboys and Aliens. B movie camp flick combined with old western ideas combined with old 'aliens take over the world' ideas? sign me up.

9.Super 8. It reminded me of old spielberg. You know, E.T and stuff. It was still suspenseful, but at the same time was kind of funny. I enjoyed it.

8.Hugo. It was just a well made, interesting and well fleshed out animated feature. Characters that show up often that start out having little to no involvement soon have whole backstory dedicated to them. It was nice.

7.Drive Angry. I can honestly say I enjoy Nick Cage and his performance, no matter how campy and bad they just may be. It's very reminiscent of the OLD grindhouse feature movies, even more so then those terrible new grindhouse movies tried to be, ESPECIALLY death proof. This was also a legitimately GOOD role for Nick to play, unlike that other forgettable movie with him being a wizard or something.

6.The Muppets. I went into this one expecting another garbage movie, especially with the more recent muppets movies being just.. bad. However, this was a really good kids movie and hell just a good movie period. It was funny, but didn't make you feel stupid with it's humor like shit jokes would. It was actually kind of smart with its humor most of the time, which was awesome.

5. The Killer Elite. Jason Stahem being a badass and the next sly/arnold; De Niro playing a GOOD De Niro role. Next.

4.Paranormal activity 3. I thought it was a genuinely good horror movie, albeit it WAS somewhat expectable. Some of the things it did were kinda cool and smart, such as the light-brite scene.

3.Kill the irishmen. An interesting movie about the Irish mafia and the many attempts on their lives. Ray Stevenson's being a badass and it has christopher walken being christopher walken. Next.

2.Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. While certainly not as good as the first, it was still a smart, fun movie to watch. Very homo-erotic if that bugs you at all, but whatever, it was still really good.

1. I saw the devil. I haven't seen the whole thing, but from what I have seen, it's probably the best movie made this year. It's a movie that you don't ever expect what's going to happen next, because there are many twists and they're all well thought out. Great movie

Oh yeah and honorable mention to Winnie the Pooh 2011 and Kung Fu Panda 2 but they just weren't THAT good to be on my top 10, sorry.

So yeah, post yours.
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

Re: Your Top 10 Movies of the Year

There's a handful of movies made in 2011 I'd still like to see.
    [spoiler:2j3m6v71]Hobo with a Shotgun
    The King's Speech
    The Greatest Movie Ever Sold
    The Change-Up
    Apollo 18
    Dolphin Tale
    50/50
    Footloose
    The Three Musketeers
    The Rum Diary
    Anonymous
    Hugo
    The Muppets
    The Sitter
    The Adventures of Tintin
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo[/spoiler:2j3m6v71]
    Of the films I've already seen, these are my most to least favorites:

1. Fast Five
    2. Drive
    3. Hanna
    4. Puss In Boots
    5. Rise of the Apes
    6. Battle: LA
    7. Sherlock Holmes 2
    8. Mission Impossible 4
    9. Rango
    10. Super 8

1. Rise of the Planet of the Apes; was a fucking great film albeit a fully retarded name
    2. Our Idiot Brother; simple appealing plot, great acting, and moments of hilarity - excellent movie
    3. 50/50; a lot better than I expected, I left the theater wanting to watch it again (and it was nice to see Seth Rogan expand and deliver a bit fresher of a character)
    4. Horrible Bosses; most funny movie of the year, hands down - great cast, writing and plot
    5. The King's Speech; good film in general

That's all I can really think of right now..
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Idk about 10, but here are some movies I liked this year:

- Source Code
    -The Greatest Movie Ever Sold
    -The Hangover Part II
    -Super 8
    -Horrible Bosses
    -The Change-Up
    -30 Minutes or Less
    -Warrior
    -50/50
    -Hesher

This year wasn't too great for films imo, I can't really remember anything really...

1) Rise of the Planet Of the Apes
    2) Harrpy Potter and the Deathly Hallows(part 2).
    3) Mission Impossible 4
    4) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows(part 1).

Worst movie: Real Steel.
    Slubberdegullion = Pivotelite.