Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphones

Headphones

Wasn't sure where to put this...

I'm looking to buy a pair of headphones (not earphones as in ear buds) and I'm pretty clueless as where to look. I don't have so much cash to spend, so preferably no £900 designer headgear...

Obviously sound quality is most important, though I still value how they look. I'm also quite a careless person, so stuff that can take a bit of a beating is a plus too.

What I'm not looking for; lol beats
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Re: Headphones

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HTX7 ... 744&sr=8-1

Inexpensive, hip, lightweight, sound-cancelling, durable, easily adjustable and most importantly, very clear sound. Been using them around a year now, fantastic set of headphones. I mistakenly bought them at the first place I saw them and paid 3x the price, still no regrets, I love these.

Little more expensive but well worth it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-Sib ... 270&sr=8-2

Perfect sound quality, and the microphone has insanely good quality as a bonus. Most importantly the design of it makes it super lightweight on your head. You barely feel it. Only thing is, they're "closed" type headphones. You won't hear anything outside the headphones. It's supposed to keep surrounding noise out, but it can be annoying, depending on your preference. Then again, some people love it.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Quote Originally Posted by Stickid
    http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HTX7-Monitor-Headphones-Black/dp/B001BEAI4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333148744&sr=8-1

Inexpensive, hip, lightweight, sound-cancelling, durable, easily adjustable and most importantly, very clear sound. Been using them around a year now, fantastic set of headphones. I mistakenly bought them at the first place I saw them and paid 3x the price, still no regrets, I love these.
    I have the same and they've lasted about 3 years so far. You can turn it up to maximum volume, not hear anyone, and not bother the person next to you so long as it's pressed against your ears (although I advise you not to turn it up that loud because my ears didn't return to their normal level of function until after an hour or so).

Also, don't sleep in them.

What're you using the headphones for? I have a pair of Shure 840s for music production, but they're ~170 dollars and they're big/ugly. I wouldn't recommend them for music listening in public, but they've got a fairly flat response and are great for mixing music. Are you gonna use them for music listening at home, music listening in public, gaming, or travel?

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/full-size.php

There is a link for a list of full size headphones, most with reviews and ratings. Find some in your price range and check them out. Remember though, those are all the factory price so they're all going to be 10-20 bucks cheaper on amazon or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren

Perfect sound quality, and the microphone has insanely good quality as a bonus. Most importantly the design of it makes it super lightweight on your head. You barely feel it. Only thing is, they're "closed" type headphones. You won't hear anything outside the headphones. It's supposed to keep surrounding noise out, but it can be annoying, depending on your preference. Then again, some people love it.
    I have these and they're fucking awesome. I recommend them, Picto.

Quote Originally Posted by ērepgrigo
    What're you using the headphones for? I have a pair of Shure 840s for music production, but they're ~170 dollars and they're big/ugly. I wouldn't recommend them for music listening in public, but they've got a fairly flat response and are great for mixing music. Are you gonna use them for music listening at home, music listening in public, gaming, or travel?

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/full-size.php

There is a link for a list of full size headphones, most with reviews and ratings. Find some in your price range and check them out. Remember though, those are all the factory price so they're all going to be 10-20 bucks cheaper on amazon or whatever.
    Mostly I'll probably be using them for travel, though gaming is a possibility if I ever need to sort of... not wake everyone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren

This would be good, but I don't know about the mic seeing as I'll be using them mostly outside/on the move.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-100- ... 480&sr=8-1

I have these for out and about. They fold up so they're great for taking around and they have good sound quality. You can feel the bassline in any song, and it's very thick.

Only problem I've had with them is that the right speaker in mine keeps going. I'm on my third pair in like 4-5 months. I keep getting them though because they are good and convenient. When they break I just buy a new pair and send the old ones back and claim they don't work Since there's nothing wrong with them aesthetically. After a while it just goes crackly then stops working. Annoying, but I honestly wouldn't change them.

I have Beyerdynamic DT770 pros for when I'm making music. They're fucking excellent but way too bulky to be taking outside; and they have a long cable. But if you want something flashier for when you're at home I recommend those. Bit pricey for your range though I think. The Sennheiser's are like £40 which I think is reasonable for a good pair of headphones.

I would say the Koss Porta Pro s a great "all round" headphone but they break pretty easily and you mentioned you're a careless person so hm.. I would advice you to browse around on Sennheiser's website a see if there's something you're interested in. Pretty much everything there is good stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast