Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Legend of Korra

I know I can't be the only person who has been eagerly awaiting this series release.I have seen the first 3 episodes online, as the show hasn't debut on Australian TV as of yet, but so far I am quite pleased with what has happened. [spoiler:3oq6oa00]I just hope that later on in the series there is some explanation as to what happened to Aang, Sokka and the rest of the gang. I also want to know how in the hell Tenzin got his Bison. I would also like to know how in the fuck Aman gained the ability to take away people's bending.[/spoiler:3oq6oa00]

So what is your opinion on the show? Are you happy with it, disappointed, excited?
    Xbox Live: SchmittyBoss07 | Steam: SchmittyBoss | 3DS FC: 4141-3049-1601
    Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: The Legend of Korra

Quote Originally Posted by Schmitty
    I know I can't be the only person who has been eagerly awaiting this series release.I have seen the first 3 episodes online, as the show hasn't debut on Australian TV as of yet, but so far I am quite pleased with what has happened. [spoiler:2kjs9oob]I just hope that later on in the series there is some explanation as to what happened to Aang, Sokka and the rest of the gang. I also want to know how in the hell Tenzin got his Bison. I would also like to know how in the fuck Aman gained the ability to take away people's bending.[/spoiler:2kjs9oob]

So what is your opinion on the show? Are you happy with it, disappointed, excited?
    I quite liked it, I watched the first two episodes.

[spoiler:2kjs9oob]For my theory on how Tenzin got his Bison, I'm guessing Appa some how had offspring? Maybe they are unisexual, and can reproduce without intercourse?[/spoiler:2kjs9oob]

When I first heard of it I thought it wouldnt be anything special, but I saw it...and Holy Crap!

I absolutely love it so far...and I am curious off the same things as you Schmitty.

@Blot that was an interesting theory but they never mentioned that in the original Last Airbender so I dont think it would seem that way...it could be a possibility though.

~Credits to YongWalRang for the Signature <3~

My Youtube

DDC12 Preview

Nobody commenting on your thread? Feel free to PM me for some CC.
    Thanks Sharpshooter for VIP <3
    Thanks Firo for MyFiles <3

Banned

I have been waiting forever for this series. I haven't been disappointed so far.

Considering the season finale just aired, I think it's time for a bump.

[spoiler:2hg1as51]The ending did feel rushed, but I was very happy with the finale. Amon being Tarlokk&#39;s brother and a Waterbender/Bloodbender, I did not see that coming. Korra finally airbending was one of the best things ever. I&#39;ve never fist pumped and screamed so much at a TV show before. But my all time favourite moment, and this might be the nostalgia talking BUT I DON&#39;T CARE, was Aang&#39;s little appearance at the end. Although I was a little disappointed that the de-bending is reversible, because now it feels like Lin&#39;s sacrifice was pointless.

Now we&#39;re left waiting for Season 2, and I am very curious as to how they&#39;re going to do it. As far as I&#39;m concerned, everything from this season was resolved.[/spoiler:2hg1as51]

The Green Boss

Wow I have only got into Avatar maybe a month ago and watched all the series. I saw the finale on line and then found the legend of korra. This was there days ago. I watched the first episode and loved it. Then I found this topic just now and saw the post dates. Damn I'm far behind. Anyway how many episodes in the first series and have they aired in Ireland because I only see the legend of aang on TV. This is on Nick Toons.
    Edit, never mind Is go on to youtube and I'm the most popular the whole episode of the finale is on. So there is 11 episodes. I wonder why Is haven't seen them anywhere on TV.

The ending was rushed, agree. Other than that I love the show, I've always loved avatar because it has an amazing artistic direction, and the animation (specially combat) is the best I've ever seen in a cartoon. That alone is enough to hook me up to the screen. I do have a small complain about: [spoiler:209wf7gt]The ability of normal people (Amon in this case) to remove bending permanently, it certainly makes the relative power of the avatar feel much weaker than what it should be.[/spoiler:209wf7gt]

Devoted Veteran

^

[spoiler:2d74pj10]I agree somewhat. The flashback when we saw Aang with Yakone in the courtroom was really cool though, Aang was so strong in comparison with absolutely everyone else in the world but this one bloodbender had the power to knock him on his ass and it was nice to see that he wasn&#39;t invincible. The same principle applies to Korra somewhat, she was a very established bender already with the power to control three types of bending since the beginning, without someone with the power that Amon had, it would&#39;ve been difficult to give her a good challenge in my opinion.[/spoiler:2d74pj10]

Veteran Enthusiast

[spoiler:31t5gf3k]I agree it was rushed, but it was still awesome. Avatar is such a good show, but I think what is missing from Korra is the humour from The Last Airbender. I&#39;m re-watching The Last Airbender and some of the shit, immature as it may be, is actually fucking funny. There were some cases in Korra, though.
    But I guess this isn&#39;t the aim of the show, I just think it added an extra element (lol..) to the already great show.[/spoiler:31t5gf3k]

[spoiler:1z7cnivz]Regarding the court room scene, I don&#39;t care how many times I watch that, it gives me chills every time. Bloodbending is easily the scariest thing that I have ever seen in a TV show ever. I wonder how the hell it passes as a children&#39;s show sometimes.[/spoiler:1z7cnivz]

Also, I find this to be an interesting bit of news. Fans of The Last Airbender have one question that has been bugging them since the Sozin's Comet finale. That question being the where abouts of Zuko's mother.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=39354

It's been a fantastic year for fans of "Avatar: The Last Airbender." Not only did the "Legend of Korra" animated series debuted to near-universal critical and fan acclaim, but Dark Horse continued to up the "Avatar" ante with its graphic novel series "The Promise," which helps fill in the gap between the end of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" and "Legend of Korra." Written by "American Born Chinese" creator Gene Luen Yang with art by Gurihiru Studios, the three-part graphic novel series wraps in September -- but that doesn't mean it's the end of Avatar Aang's adventures.

This weekend at the American Library Association, Dark Horse announced Yang and Gurihiru will return for a second "Avatar: The Last Airbender" graphic novel series called "The Search," which explores the biggest unsolved mystery in "Avatar" lore: what happened to Prince Zuko's mother?

CBR News spoke with Yang, a longtime "Avatar: The Last Airbender" fan, about his work on "The Search," wrapping up "The Promise, his feelings about "Legend of Korra," the challenge of linking the two shows and their characters together and the return of Princess Azula.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast