Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

The Amazing Spiderman

Has anyone else seen this movie yet? It's really, really amazing. I think people should give it a chance. Andrew Garfield is a much better Spiderman in my opinion and I really liked the story in it. I felt like this was way better than the original, not that the original was bad or anything.

[youtube:2arteclt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpKPiHYJc54[/youtube:2arteclt]

Re: The Amazing Spiderman

I'm looking forward to watching this, looks great.

The Green Boss

I'm supposed to see this soon followed by the new Dark Knight, looking forward to seeing both.

This guy is in my opinion not really nerdy enough to play Spiderman, nonetheless it looks pretty ace though.

You know a few years back when they announced that they were going to reboot this movie franchise I was like "That's kind of a waste." When I saw who were gonna be cast in it I was like "They don't look like much." but dude when I saw the trailers I started to have hope for this movie.Then...I saw it...and man was it Amazing (see what I did there?) Anyways as you should know this movie is about the life of Peter Parker and origins of Spiderman.You should know the story by now: Peter is picked on in school, gets bitten by mutant spider, gets powers, uncle gets killed, he becomes a superhero, and he learns about responsibility.I mean seriously there have been movies, comics, cartoons and a whole bunch of other stuff so this shouldn't be a spoiler to you.

Anyways lets start with the good in the movie...which is pretty much all of it.

First of all, right off the bat I saw Andrew Garfield who played Peter Parker and I liked how he played as Peter/Spiderman.The first thing and this is what really surprised me in a good way is how Peter's parents actually played a part in the movie.I liked how it showed how he ended up living with his uncle Ben and aunt May.One more thing is how Peter was portrayed.In the other movies he was all serious and emotional...thats not Spidey.Peter Parker was picked on in school yes but he was still a wisecracking joker and I liked that.Then another thing that I liked was how Gwen Stacy was in the movie.I loved how they followed the lore even to Peter's love interest...thats right before Mary Jane there was Gwen Stacy.Now Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy was a pretty good choice.I mean she played the nerdy..ish girl pretty nicely....so props to her.The thing what I liked about this movie is how they modernized the whole environment because if you watched the old movies, there wasn't much advanced technology like iPhones and other stuff and I also liked how they modernized apparel.I mean they really paid attention to what most kids wear nowadays so more props for that.Now after Peter gets bitten he realizes that he has gained some sort of power and I found it interesting how the portrayed it.I mean it was funny and pretty darn cool.Like he gets super strength but can't control it so he breaks stuff and that was funny.And there was this one scene with the sticky hands...and man was that funny.Another thing was how instead of the whole webs coming of the hands thing in the original movie, Spiderman had his web shooters and this not only followed the lore but it made a lot more sense.I mean spiders shoot webs from their backsides so how does Peter suddenly be able to shoot from his hands.Some would argue that its because of how he got bitten on his hand.That could suffice but last time I checked he got bitten on one hand so the whole two hand shooting webs thing made no sense and I liked how this movie just stuck with the lore on that.Anyways going more into the movie when uncle Ben gets killed...I was actually moved by it.The thing about that though is that I didn't care as much as I should...I've seen it before but in this movie it had a more tragic feel to it and I liked that very much.One thing that I loved about this is the way Peter dealt with it.I mean in the old movie he just went all "My uncle died so I must now be responsible"...that was alright but not really something you can relate to so to say.Peter reacted in a way that most teenagers would if that happened to them...again more props to that.The new Spiderman suit was pretty darn awesome even though some people bitched about it.I l personally liked it so yeah.Anyways the villain in this movie is...as you would know if you watched the bloody trailers...the Lizard aka Dr.Curt Conners.I liked how Dr.Conners and Peter's relationship was portrayed.In the original lore Peter was one of his students in the university and they changed that in this movie...and I liked the little original touch they added to this movie.

The actors did a really good job in this movie.I mean Andrew Garfield made a great Peter Parker/Spiderman.Like when he was playing around with his powers he did more tricks with it.I liked that because it shows that he really wanted to experiment with his powers more.The stunts in the movie were a lot more insane and Spiderman like as well.So Andrew Garfield = Perfect for Spiderman.Emma Stone made a great Gwen Stacy as well.In the original movie, Mary Jane was a bit too serious and at times she was just annoying but I liked Gwen Stacy and I liked Emma Stacy as Gwen Stacy.Everyone else played their roles really well and I liked it.

Now the dialogue in this movie was just perfect for what it was.In the original movies the dialogue was nice but at times it was too emotional and cheesy.To sum it up, this movie is the original movie minus the cheese and with more attention to the lore of the Spiderman story.The humor was also really good in this movie.I mean Spiderman made jokes that were funny, unlike the original movie.The original movie had humor but it was mainly because of Peter trying the jump and failing.The snappy comebacks Spidey made in those movies were cool, but not as funny as they should have been.I mean in this movie, I laughed at every joke he made...thats good.Another thing is the camera angles...dude those angles especially during the swinging scenes were insane.The first person scenes like in the trailer were pretty darn cool too...ya know seeing what he sees as he's swinging and stuff.I liked how they didn't overuse it but I slight complaint was how short they were.I mean they could have been a little longer considering they weren't used much in the movie but yeah.

Now for the bad in the movie...now I wouldnt say bad as in this brought down the quality by much but yeah.

My only complaints were this.The Lizard as a villain I didn't enjoy as much as I should have.He was great and all but as a villain he seemed wasted in a way.I mean its like he was just there for the sake of having a villain in the movie.It didn't really touch on him or Dr.Conners much at all and I didn;t really like that too much.And this brings me to my next complaint which is the pacing.The movie had good pacing for the beginning and the end but the middle of it just went by a bit too fast.For a two hour movie, I found that they could have touched on the characters a bit more.I believe that this was a factor in the whole Dr.Conners/Lizard issue.Anyways the Lizard itself looked nicely made but too familiar.I mean it looked like Venom with scales and a tail.I mean the body shape and build looked all too familiar to the point where even the mouth looked like Venom's.When I first saw the concept art for the Lizard I expected them to tweak it a bit but to my disappointment they didn't so yeah.Now my final complaint has more to do with the trailers.I mean the trailers ruined the best parts of the movie so when I saw them I wasnt as impressed or excited as I would have been if I didnt watch the trailers...

Overall I loved this movie.I liked the acting, how it was something you can relate to and how it followed the lore.This did the characters justice and yeah.Some slight complaints but that wasn't much of a biggy so yeah.

This movie gets a 9/10 for me...and I recommend it to anyone who loves these kinds of movies.

~Credits to YongWalRang for the Signature <3~

My Youtube

DDC12 Preview

Nobody commenting on your thread? Feel free to PM me for some CC.
    Thanks Sharpshooter for VIP <3
    Thanks Firo for MyFiles <3

Van

im so watching this , looks so good

Was absolutely awesome, found it VERY enjoyable and SO much better than the last ones.
    I strongly recommend it!

This guy is in my opinion not really nerdy enough to play Spiderman, nonetheless it looks pretty ace though.
    It could easily be the writing and not the acting; the original spiderman trilogy was written to be somewhat campy and you can tell. I don't really think Toby McGuire as an action actor, and it shows too.

Personally, I think this remake is a lot better then the original trilogy. It's pretty close to the original comic while still keeping it fresh. The only this I didn't like was a certain "bridge" scene near the end (if you've seen the movie you probably know what I'm talking about).
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

Van

that was definitely my favourite movie easily by far

Great re-take on the spiderman series, really enjoyed it. Felt a lot more in tune with the comics, despite there being no MJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast