Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Muse-Madness

Banned

Muse-Madness

[youtube:14apfe3y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9zhpBweDk&feature=youtu.be[/youtube:14apfe3y]

What have they done to themselves?

Re: Muse-Madness

[youtube:2912fi6i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9zhpBweDk[/youtube:2912fi6i]
    Here's a proper link. Also could we keep all future "The 2nd Law" discussion in one thread?

Anyways, I'm assuming you didn't like it? If you don't like the direction Muse is headed, stop listening to them. Why do people feel the need to call attention to something they dislike yet have virtually no control over? Muse is going to make whatever music THEY like, I suggest you let it go and listen to whatever music YOU like.

Just for the sake of honest discussion I'll agree it's not at all what they used to produce, personally I'm a bit let down by what I've heard so far from this new album. I've never liked EVERY track of theirs anyways, I'm sure this album will have songs I'll like and songs I'll dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickid
    [youtube:hmh2ko41]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9zhpBweDk[/youtube:hmh2ko41]
    Here's a proper link. Also could we keep all future "The 2nd Law" discussion in one thread?

Anyways, I'm assuming you didn't like it? If you don't like the direction Muse is headed, stop listening to them. Why do people feel the need to call attention to something they dislike yet have virtually no control over? Muse is going to make whatever music THEY like, I suggest you let it go and listen to whatever music YOU like.

Just for the sake of honest discussion I'll agree it's not at all what they used to produce, personally I'm a bit let down by what I've heard so far from this new album. I've never liked EVERY track of theirs anyways, I'm sure this album will have songs I'll like and songs I'll dislike.
    iI dont like the music at ALL. but honestly bro, you cant control the music they make, are you part of the band? No. So you dont have a say-so. They could give a flying fuck about the change, as long as they make money they dont care. Thats just the way it is.

"Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

I think you should stop talking.

Anyway not a fan of the song. Never was a fan of Muse either but I gave them a good chance.

That song is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman
    That song is shit.
    This so hard. What are they doing?

There's a reason people complain. Look at Rush ffs; they've been making music for what, 40-50 years now!? They've changed what they do a ton, and so have people like David Bowie, and these people still have tons of fans and still have made amazing music, regardless of these changes. Why? Because these changes MADE SENSE; Rush still held on to it's basic roots and Bowie was known for changing his style like he changed his clothes ffs. They're both very different bands and sounds from muse, but the notion is the same; you can change without changing too much and agitating your original fanbase.

This isn't muse, this is so far from muse that it feels like they're trying to do whatever they can to get away from their core audience. Not only that, but it lacks the talent and the finesse that many of their older songs have in spades. I think that's why people like me are mad.
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

[quote=Shad Shadson]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Saul Goodman":2kghjm3v
    That song is shit.
    This so hard. What are they doing?

There's a reason people complain. Look at Rush ffs; they've been making music for what, 40-50 years now!? They've changed what they do a ton, and so have people like David Bowie, and these people still have tons of fans and still have made amazing music, regardless of these changes. Why? Because these changes MADE SENSE; Rush still held on to it's basic roots and Bowie was known for changing his style like he changed his clothes ffs. They're both very different bands and sounds from muse, but the notion is the same; you can change without changing too much and agitating your original fanbase.

This isn't muse, this is so far from muse that it feels like they're trying to do whatever they can to get away from their core audience. Not only that, but it lacks the talent and the finesse that many of their older songs have in spades. I think that's why people like me are mad.[/quote:2kghjm3v]

Can't agree more with this, I can really only say the dubstep drop in Unsustainable was pretty cool because it was all guitar, but fuck it.

So I guess I'm the only one that likes their "new style". Especially because it's all made with his guitar, not with a fucking computer or something like that. Like, everytime Muse makes a new album it's something new, not the same repetitive rythm, songs, etc. That's what I love about them, I can always expect something new. Anyway, I actually like 'Madness', and 'Unsustainable', and I would give my left cojone to have their album right now.
    ._.