Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Is KoRn degrading themselves?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this song sucks

0 0%
  • No, this is fine, I think you are over reacting.

0 0%
  • I would be worried.

0 0%
  • YEAH DUBSTEP WHOOOOZq!

4 100.00%

KoRn, going down into the nightmare we call dubstep?

I am a KoRn fan, So imagine my horror when I heard their newest song......
    [youtube:1l884eni]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR-ZBWzxfkI[/youtube:1l884eni]
    Now heres a older KoRn song.
    [youtube:1l884eni]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQMLYtRDU90[/youtube:1l884eni]
    Im sure you can tell the difference.

Okay, so now that you heard that, how bout we talk about why the fuck is KoRn and Skrillex together? Im sorry, but Skrillex makes music that sounds like Alvin having a diabetic stroke and throwing up his nuts. This is insane, KoRn has been one of the many GODS or rock, now they are lowering themselves. Never once heard Kill the noise, so I aint gonna down them. But I took three hours of my life to listen to every song by Skrillex, and i was horrified. Now, while this song isent as bad as Skrillex normally is, I guess its because the remaining sense of KoRn and whoever Kill the noise is made sure it dident turn into DUBSTEP..BUT WHAT ABOUT NEXT TIME?!?!?!? Luckily, the other songs on this album aint like this one. So my life is not totally ruined. Path of totality they call this album? I call it "path of random bullshit". If your a Korn fan, I would like to hear your opinion. Hell, even a SKRILLEX fan is welcome...I guess....But honestly, how long do you think it will go? And yes, I admit this song is GOOD. But dubstep is slowly creeeping in!!

"Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

Re: KoRn, going down into the nightmare we call dubstep?

The Path Of Totality is almost a year old, I made a topic after it was out: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=88511
    Also, it's not just Korn and Skrillex, the album is a collaboration of Korn and many other electronic artists.

Anyways, about the album, I'm a big fan of dubstep but this isn't quite the style I listen to. I listened to the album a few times and I found it mostly forgettable, not to discredit Korn or Skrillex or anyone else involved. I gave it a chance and decided it wasn't for me.

As for the music Korn is producing, I'll refer to a previous thread where we discussed Muse's new album:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eack1960
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickid
    Anyways, I'm assuming you didn't like it? If you don't like the direction Muse is headed, stop listening to them. Why do people feel the need to call attention to something they dislike yet have virtually no control over? Muse is going to make whatever music THEY like, I suggest you let it go and listen to whatever music YOU like.
    iI dont like the music at ALL. but honestly bro, you cant control the music they make, are you part of the band? No. So you dont have a say-so. They could give a flying fuck about the change, as long as they make money they dont care. Thats just the way it is.
    While I wouldn't say that money is all they care about, you essentially said exactly what I said. Muse is going to make whatever music they feel like and it's pointless to complain about it, the same goes for Korn. I understand mentioning what you like and dislike, simply for discussion's sake, but you act like you're the ultimate fan and Korn is killing you with the choices they make.

Whether you like the album or not, why make a fuss about it? Let it go and listen to the music you like.

Bands go through experimental phases, this isn't a new concept.

Take the band Aiden for example: Aiden started out as a horror punk-band with their release Our Gang's Dark Oath. This phase went all the way to I want to say Nightmare Anatomy which was their second album with Victory Records. Then came the Rain in Hell EP which was a mixture of horror punk elements but at the same time, their style had changed to more singing as opposed to the whole gang vocals thing. Conviction came out a few years later and it was completely different because it was more or less alternative as opposed to their punk style. When Knives came out, their style had moved back to punk, but it was more heavy. Disguises took elements from the previous albums they had released and intertwined them as one which would be the same for their latest album Some Kind of Hate.

KoRn is doing what most bands do and that is trying out new styles. Yes, there are some die-hard fans that absolutely love the old style that they did but I propose a question to them: doesn't that style ever get old since it's been around for x amount of years? I will admit that I do listen to KoRn and I have listened to Path of Totality and I do enjoy it. Why? Because it's something different. I commend artists/bands for switching things up instead of hearing the same thing over and over again. There might be new songs/lyrics that are on an album when a band decides to release them; however, it's all the same in my opinion. It works for some artists/bands to repeatedly play the same style for several albums, but there is that select few that sometimes need a change up.

"Okay, so now that you heard that, how bout we talk about why the fuck is KoRn and Skrillex together? Im sorry, but Skrillex makes music that sounds like Alvin having a diabetic stroke and throwing up his nuts."
    Collaborations happen man, don't take them too seriously. There are several bands/artists that I have listened to and I was surprised to see them do collaborations with others that are either not in their specific genre or whatever. Twiztid and Proof is a great example of this since they are not in the same sub-genre of hip-hop and have always had problems with each other. Another example is Eminem and Marilyn Manson on "The Way I Am".

"This is insane, KoRn has been one of the many GODS or rock, now they are lowering themselves."
    Trying to change things up is lowering themselves? Again, these changes happen. Also, one of the many gods of rock? When I think of gods of rock, I think of: Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Elvis. Bands and artists that really brought rock and roll to where it is today. Yeah, some of these might not be applicable and all; however, I feel as if these people changed rock and roll... not KoRn.

"Luckily, the other songs on this album aint like this one. So my life is not totally ruined. Path of totality they call this album? I call it "path of random bullshit"."
    It's an experimental album. Listen to the older works that the band OOMPH! did and listen to their new album Des Wahnsinns fette Beute. There is a lot of differences from their older works which were more dark to just having fun with what they do for a living in their new album. Every band eventually needs a change and I personally feel as if it was KoRn's time to do so with Path of Totality.

"And yes, I admit this song is GOOD. But dubstep is slowly creeeping in!!"
    Then why make a big deal out of it man? It's music. These people do what they can do to make the listeners happy with new releases which takes months on end to do what with the lyric-writing all the way down to the liner notes. Who knows, maybe their next album will go back to their original roots because they didn't like the change that they were hoping to go through? I don't know, you don't know, hell we all don't know if that will be the case. Again, I know there are die-hard fans of KoRn and all; however, I feel as if they need to take a step back and breathe just a little bit and accept the fact that KoRn is going to do what THEY want to do musically. That's like telling someone who has no prior musical talent with a guitar or drums, but instead who has produced Dubstep to go make a rock album. Sure, the fans might get mad but it's like crying over spilt milk since you can easily clean it up.

Extra tidbit: Skrillex doesn't only make Dubstep, he was previously in a band and he makes music under his real name as well which in a sense is different from his Skrillex ego. The more you know, huh?
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

From the nature of the title, I was expecting something far worse.

Besides, rock bands going electronic is happening times to times. Just look at Radiohead, not only they incorporated electronic into their music, but it made their music even better.