Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Oblivion

Oblivion

[youtube:28ndsmpn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmIIgE7eSak[/youtube:28ndsmpn]

I just got around to watching this film today, and I thought it was great! When I looked to see how it did with critics afterwards I was amazed. This movie has been getting pretty bad reviews but I found it to one of my favorites from this year so far.

Did anyone else see this, and what were your opinions on it?

If you don't know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he's just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It's one world, pal. We're all neighbors.

Re: Oblivion

I watched this movie last weekend and I definitely like it, the concept is sheer brilliant and I love how awesome and epic everything looks.
    The one problem with this movie is probably that many things are unexplained, I'm planning on watching it twice and I'm fairly sure there will be things you simply cannot grasp. For example the big flying operating center, or how those people in different sections of the world with different terrain factors are still identical to each other.

The thing bothering me the most is WHOA MAN SPOILERS!!! - Stickid[spoiler:1yd7w5f4]how a robot(I assume the "god" was a robot) has unknown motives, why does it wants earths energy? Why does it need maintenance people when it actually has a shipload of those fighting drones?[/spoiler:1yd7w5f4]

Awesome movie, definitely worth watching. Just some parts will never make sense.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Re: Oblivion

I really disagree with most of the stuff said here.

The film was boring and predictable. And why the hell WHOA MAN SPOILERS!!! - Stickid[spoiler:gir8vw1j]can the robot make thousands of soldiers that wipe out humanity without a moment of forethought, but not make caretakers with the same mindset? It's stupid and makes no sense...[/spoiler:gir8vw1j]

Overall I feel like I would rather have not paid to see it. Maybe on DVD but not at the cinema.