Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Under the Dome

Under the Dome

Under the Dome is a miniseries that premiered a couple weeks ago that is based of Stephen King's novel of the same name. I don't know how many Stephen King fans there are here or how many of you have read the book, but so far I feel like the show if off to a good start and it's following most of what happened in the book fairly closely.

Any thoughts on the show? Opinions?
    v The Thread v

Veteran Enthusiast
    Tbh I had no idea it was a book, to me it looks like an overdone generic shitty TV drama. I also hate how they advertise this on every damn ad break. Can't judge though since it hasn't aired yet.
    Is the book good?

Tychus Findlay

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Tbh I had no idea it was a book, to me it looks like an overdone generic shitty TV drama. I also hate how they advertise this on every damn ad break. Can't judge though since it hasn't aired yet.
    Is the book good?
    It has aired though. I watched the first episode like a week ago. I think episode 3 just came out yesterday. I liked the first episode, but it's not really over-the-top interesting for me to want to watch the next episode. It reminds me of the show Jericho if any of you have seen it.
    Spoiler:
    It's a show about a town that struggles to survive after nuclear bombs have been set off all around the USA.

I feel like they're already too similar and I wasn't a fan of Jericho, although I could just be judging the show too soon. I only watched the first episode.

Banned
    Ive seen the ads for it a few times on TV, but I never did get around to watching it. I did like the on Stephen King miniseries where the world falls to a disease, and satan tries to exterminate the cure or something like that. Cant remember what its called.

Banned
    I feel like too many "shows that could have been movies" are being done now. It seems to be a trend that's starting to happen and I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Is the book good?
    I liked the book for the most part, but I read it nearly four years ago (and was also the last Stephen King book I've read) so I don't remember a ton of details. With over 1,000 pages, it was quite a read, though. It was a slow start, which seems to be common for King books, and it was based more on politics than anything else I've read by him, so I can see why it would be chosen for a miniseries.
    v The Thread v