Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Video Game OST

Video Game OST

We should all know by now as to what a Video Game OST. For those of you not up to speed, OST is Official Sound Track and it is the music that you hear within a movie or a video game. Now, for the sake of this thread, these are Video Game OST.

How many of you guys collect Video Game OSTs? When did you guys start collecting them? Do you have a favorite?

I just got started with collecting Nintendo OSTs due to Club Nintendo revealing their Platinum Reward which I was 20 coins shy of being able to get. The reward was a reproduction of the original Majora's Mask OST which I'd love to start my collection off with. However, I recently picked up the Super Mario Galaxy OST by Mario Galaxy Orchestra and I'm loving it.

Share your thoughts on your favorites.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Gusty Garden Galaxy theme, bro <3

I don't really collect, per se, but I do enjoy occasionally listening to the odd video game soundtrack. "Ezio's Family" in the opening sequence of Assassins Creed II was one of the most beautiful opening sequences I've ever seen/heard in a game. Zelda always has a great theme within each game.

-... .- - - .-.. . --.. --- -. .
    "The longest, most intense first-person shooter animation in all of Pivot history..."
    726 frames - and I'm still animating the prologue

Shadow of the Colossus, Chrono Trigger, and Metal Gear Solid (the series) have the best soundtracks in my opinion. Especially the microwave scene in MGS4, when that song plays, uhguhgughughguh.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebles View Post
    Shadow of the Colossus, Chrono Trigger, and Metal Gear Solid (the series) have the best soundtracks in my opinion. Especially the microwave scene in MGS4, when that song plays, uhguhgughughguh.
    I loved the soundtrack in Chrono Trigger; however, I'm indifferent on Shadow of the Colossus and the MSG series because I've never played all of the games nor have I heard many tracks from their respective soundtracks but I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel
    Gusty Garden Galaxy theme, bro <3
    Dude, I love the Gusty Garden Galaxy's theme. The music in that particular level is just so amazing. It makes me feel like the adventure is drawing to a close but there is going to be another one right after it and it just excites me and makes me feel happy. I've given this CD a thorough listen since I haven't played the first Galaxy game in about 2 years but I forgot how many amazing tracks are on the CD. Best $4 spend on Amazon for this complete-in-box.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

I don't really collect video game OSTs, but I will download some if I want to give them a better listen through. I really like Oblivion and the Half Life series soundtracks.
    v The Thread v

the freaking skyrim theme makes me wanna have skyrim so badly!

Guilty Gear - Be Just Or Be Dead/Holy Orders. That's all I need in a day.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Deus Ex, Bastion, Mirror's Edge, Grim Fandango, Hotline Miami, VVVVVV, Max Payne 3
    スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::

スリップノット「I A M N O T H A P P I E R T H A N Y O U」::