Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deimos

Thread: Voice Talent Needed

Voice Talent Needed

Hey everyone, this past school year I made a 35 minute documentary about a salt mine that's located near the town I live in. The manager of the mine recently got in touch with me and would like for me to create a condensed version of the documentary showing the drying process of the salt in more detail. My plan is to make the video in the style similar to the How It's Made show on the Science Channel, if you've ever seen it.

This requires me to have a voice over throughout the video outlining the drying process and yaddah yaddah yaddah. I don't have a voice that goes particularly well with this sort of thing, and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in working with me to produce the voice over. If you're interested, feel free to shoot me a personal message so we can arrange a way for me to hear your voice.

I'd very much appreciate it!
    Jojishi likes this.
    v The Thread v

Veteran Enthusiast
    I'd apply but my voice is very energetic and booming, so it won't really be suited to a boring slow documentary type voice- which is what I assume you want

Banned
    I guess you don't want high pitch Finnish accent either....

You should ask somewhere else too, I don't think DD has many voice actors if any.

I don't necessarily need someone who sounds "boring", haha, just someone with a clear, articulate voice that can be easily understood. I get talking real fast and end up tripping over myself. And I stutter rather frequently.

I'm considering asking around Newgrounds to see if anyone would be interested as well, since they'd have a larger pool of talent to choose from, but I'm more a part of the Darkdemon community than I am Newgrounds's, and I feel like I'd enjoy working with someone from this community more.
    v The Thread v

you should hop on skype and talk to everyone. see whos voice fits best for it and whatnot.
    Add Me On Skype: HMajik66

I could do this, depending somewhat on the length, but I could do definitely do it.

Scratch that, sorry, I actually have to work with my dad to save up the extra 400 I need for college.
    Last edited by Mr. Wallace; 12 Aug 2013 at 03:20 PM.
    My thread

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    PSN: TestosteroneMong
    Steam: willace997
    PSN: Testosteronemong

Devoted Veteran
    I could give it a shot.

Sweet! I'll get in touch with you here in a little bit with my skype info.
    v The Thread v

Enthusiast
    An ancient ravine on an abandoned planet, tending to the daffodils
    I'm willing to try as well, if you haven't already decided D:

I have the house to myself half the time, so I can have a pretty quiet environment for voice recording.

I have not made a decision yet, and you're a step ahead of the game because I can kind of remember what your voice sounds like, haha

I'm going to get in touch with Lolzafish tomorrow and talk with him, and I'd like to talk to Lionheart, but his forum inbox is full so I can't send him a pm. So if you're reading this, Lionheart, could you empty your inbox a little?
    v The Thread v