Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Pocket Monsters: the Origin

In case you weren't able to tell, there's going to be a new Pocket Monsters (Pokťmon) anime based on the original Japanese games; Red and Green. I've got to say I haven't been this excited about the Pokťmon anime in a really long time.
    I like the animation style, it doesn't look quite as polished as the current series, but it definitely has something very appealing to it. I've been wanting a game based on the anime for quite a while, but considering the games were released before the anime came out, I'm guessing this makes a bit more sense.

The show will air on Japanese TV on October 2nd, which means we'll all have to wait at least till October 3rd to watch it with subtitles. There aren't any plans to continue with 'the Origin' at the moment though, so let's hope it'll get insanely popular.

Anyhow, as you might be able to tell, I'm anticipating this heavily. Anyone out there as excited as I am?
    Last edited by DaniŽl; 20 Aug 2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Got some dates mixed up.

Yeah, I saw this on another forum that I'm a part of. I'm really excited because it's basically getting rid of the watered-down cartoon version of pokemon that we have now directed toward like, 8-10 year olds, and making it into a real anime that's exciting for anyone to watch. I love the new anime look, and I like how they specifically displayed how you would actually see the pokemon fighting rather than them just sending attacks and the others being knocked out in return. I'm excited for this.
    Anonninja -> Zelda -> Kiwi bitch beach -> Hardcore Kid -> Trendy

I am rather disappointed that they went for Charmander instead of Squirtle. But other than that I'm looking forward to it!