Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Instrument Discussion

Play anything? For how long? Any good? What sort of music?

This thread is for general instrument discussion, whether that be posting recent instrument purchases, discussing what song you're currently learning or whatevz, talk about it here

I play the guitar very on/off, there are periods of time where I'm obsessed with learning songs and then I'll go for weeks without playing it. I was also into the piano a bit a while ago, although I only really learned songs off youtube tutorials and never bothered with sheet music because I am a n00b.

Banned
    So far no one has cared, but I build my own instruments to make my own type of electronic music. I sometimes order kits too, but internet is full of schematics I can modify to my needs that I am better off that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MCToast View Post
    So far no one has cared, but I build my own instruments to make my own type of electronic music. I sometimes order kits too, but internet is full of schematics I can modify to my needs that I am better off that way.
    I hear this a lot from you but i've never actually heard any of your stuff. Got like soundcloud or anything?

@Axon - just hang up a chord chart in your room or some shit man. Once you can make fluid movements with your fingers you can be pretty flexible and get stuff downpat quickly.
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

Banned
    https://soundcloud.com/satanoids/diyscream
    I have a lot of machines I haven't recorded or have, but just not uploaded.
    I was thinking to do a live noise jam every weekend for youtube, mainly just to help my live performances if I decide to go even noisier and of course for fun.

DIYscream is definitely not my sort of music lol, listening through Song1 right now though and really liking it, the whole building instruments thing is very interesting.

and thanks for the advice reap

are there any sort of specific exercises you do for finger agility skillz by the way?

Banned
    If you place your hand on your desc, raise your index and ring finger and then lower them and raise your middle and pinkie finger, this helps you to move them easier separately and makes them a little stronger in the progress. Another exercise is just to play the lower end of the guitar with each finger in different notes and going down while playing note with each finger in each string. I probably explained this wrong/confusingly, but whatever

Oh, and they're more like demonstrations than songs, but I love them a lot and listen regularly.

nah it's explained fine, I'm doing the desk one now haha, I actually do the second one every now and then already my dad introduced it to me

Banned
    I can play a few instruments. I can play Euphonium, Trombone, Trumpet, and Alto Sax. My main instrument is the Euphonium, and I started playing 5 years ago for school/marching band. Ive only been playing the Trumpet and Alto Sax for 2 years tho, and the Trombone for 1.

If any of you guys ever decide to play Euhponium, never play the marching version. It's basically a Mellophone on steroids, and it weighs about the same as a Saxophone.

I use FL Studio 11, if that counts as an instrument... Sylenth 1 is my main VST, though I like Z3ta+ and Vanguard too. I mostly make uplifting trance and progressive house.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    are there any sort of specific exercises you do for finger agility skillz by the way?
    Aside from what I said before just youtube/google "picking patterns" or something.

Oh also random little thing, as a beginner (for like the first week or something) try play shit further up the neck, its harder to push down on those frets so you'll get finger callus' quicker. You might already have them.
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast