Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sharp

Thread: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

So, I went to the Hobbit night yesterday in the cinema and I have to say, the hobbit 2 is amazing. After the movie me and my friends stood outside the cinema for over an hour trying to discuss the best scenes but we couldn't because there's just so many good scenes that it's impossible to choose, or even grasp the first time I watched. There was 1 thing I didn't like though, that was when
    Spoiler:
    Legolas got saved from an orc's arrow by elfbitch (forgot her name) through shooting an arrow to deflect it. While that's already highly improbable, she was also standing farther from Legolas from the original orc that shot the arrow. Like what the fuck?

So yeah, any of you seen it yet, or just psyched about watching it or such? Share and discuss!

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Banned
    Horrible cargabe I say.

Tauriel played by Evangeline Lilly. She played Kate in Lost. I haven't seen it yet but looking forward to it. I read the Hobbit and TLOTR years ago. Tauriel isn't even in the book. They wanted more female characters in the film. Good move I say. The arrow deflection scene does sounds a bit unrealistic but maybe her bow is more powerful and so the arrow travelled faster, or she anticipated and fired before the orc.

Quote Originally Posted by peterbone View Post
    Tauriel played by Evangeline Lilly. She played Kate in Lost. I haven't seen it yet but looking forward to it. I read the Hobbit and TLOTR years ago. Tauriel isn't even in the book. They wanted more female characters in the film. Good move I say. The arrow deflection scene does sounds a bit unrealistic but maybe her bow is more powerful and so the arrow travelled faster, or she anticipated and fired before the orc.
    In both cases, even for a world filled with orcs, elves, dragons etc, this felt a bit over the top.

God dammit toast, can't you ever be happy with anything that's new.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Banned
    Waiting for Richard and Aaron.

I was really impressed by the movie, it was very action packed and much better than the first one.

I was not disappointed, can't wait for the third one

Banned
    Same here, I LOVE the voice of Smaug, He was was AWESOME!

Banned
    Well I thought it was a really excellent film up until the end. It was pretty abrupt, and the movie just sort of stops part way through the book. If you read the book, it's still got another 50 or so pages. So that means that the next hobbit film will just be a big battle or something. and the ending left a lot of unanswered questions. What happened to the guy that went into the big arrow slingshot thing with the arrow? It's called the desolation of Smaug, so where's the desolation bit? I was disappointed by the end tbh, but the rest of it was amazing.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see this was a bumped thread. Leave it open anyway.