Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

My 3D (Maya/Blender)

Well I've kind of given up on pivot. It's a cool program but it's a pretty big pain in the ass and it's tough to make anything decent. However I do not regret my time with pivot. It has given me valuable experience with animation.
    So I have moved on to 3D animation. I'm in an animation program at my school so I've been able to work with Maya and learn 3D animation. However considering buying Maya for myself isn't exactly an option, I've been using the open source program Blender at home. A very comparable substitute, although a quite a bit harder to work with. Most importantly though it's free.

Anyway, the whole point is that I've been working with 3D for a while now, and I'm starting to make some impressive stuff, so I figured it would be fitting to come back to Darkdemon and show what I've been working on.
    Sorry you have to download. I'm too lazy to put stuff on youtube or anything like that. Maybe I'll put together a compilation of my work once I have more to show.

Maya:
    Because I'm only able to use Maya at school, I don't have most of my work on my home computer, only what is on my flash drive.
    I'll post more of my Maya work later, but for now I have this...

Garrar and the Falling Glass Objects
    Definitely the biggest project I've ever done, and I'm very pleased with it. The sound is pretty bad and I could definitely do better, but all I have to work with at school is Garageband, which sucks. The main feature is the animation anyway, so it's not too important. This took about two weeks (minus weekends) of work averaging about 3 hours a day. I've entered it into a local festival/competition and I will find out how it did at the end of the month.

Blender:
    This stuff is less impressive, but I'm not as proficient with Blender, and mostly I'm just figuring out how it works. I'm hoping to be able to create work that compares to what I can do with Maya.

Grabby Hand
    The modeling and texturing sucks. Mostly this was just an experiment with rigging and animating.

Lightsaber
    This is kind of cool, but still nothing special. I wanted to make a lightsaber so I followed a tutorial. The glowing blade was made following the tutorial with a few personal modifications, but the handle and animation were all me.

Other things I've done in Blender include modeling a blender (mostly just for the lolz), a failed attempt to model my headphones, and other various noodling around.
    [center:27axcidr]V-Courtesy-V
    [/center:27axcidr]

Re: My 3D (Maya/Blender)

Wow, it's nice to see another blender user. I really wish my school would offer a Maya coarse, but they don't :'-( Anyway, nice job and keep up the good work!
    [center:1t8i3sdt][/center:1t8i3sdt]
    [center:1t8i3sdt]Thread

[/center:1t8i3sdt]

Dedicated Member

The only animating thing here at my school, is photostory, a free subsitute to flash
    Bert made PivotMasterDX famous.

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Slippie
    The only animating thing here at my school, is photostory, a free subsitute to flash
    Pssh, Photostory's barely a subsitute to Windows Move Maker. What the dick are you on?

Anyways, cool stuff Tessercat and good luck with that contest thing.

Well the awards for the competition was tonight.
    Garrar didn't win, or even place, but honestly the judges completely sucked and I should have won, along with a lot of other people who were cheated. I'll find out exactly how they scored me on Monday.
    [center:27axcidr]V-Courtesy-V
    [/center:27axcidr]

Maybe upload the files to youtube so I don't have to download each file separately.