Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help me make a new Stick Figure Animator.

Well since I've realized that there really isn't any point in making a Pivot clone and that it's pretty much copying, I've decided to make my own SFA.

Basically it'll be a stick figure animator like Pivot, but instead of being frame based it'll be key frame based or "tweening" based like Flash.

Here's where I need your help, I don't have a clue what to call it, nor what's the GUI will look like. So I need you guys to come up with a name and to post some mock-ups in paint or sumthin of what the interface will be like.

For the name I can't think of anything, I'm thinking perhaps "CarrotSnack" because it's one of my aliases but I think you guys can come up with something better, also a name that doesn't have a website yet, e.g. carrotsnack.com doesn't exist yet so I can use that.

Re: Help me make a new Stick Figure Animator.

Heh, I like CarrotSnack but I think you should add "animator" right after it. As for the interface, I've come up with something I made with paint:
    [tn=200:msx2tl3i]http://yourimg.in/i/syokj2iu.png[/tn:msx2tl3i]

I know it looks a bit similar to pivot and it doesn't appeal very much but it's the best I came up with. Also, it's 02:46 AM..
    whenisawurfaic

lol, nice. I think I'll wait for a few more suggestions first, then I'll add a poll.
    The idea is for it to be one step up from Pivot, kinda in between Pivot and Flash while still having it's own unique feel and interface so it's not a rip-off of either.
    I'd like the timeline to be more like flash though, otherwise it'll be too hard to navigate if each frame had a preview, I'll probably only have a preview if the mouse hovers over that frame, kinda like the window preview in vista and 7.

First off, make sure it's compatible with XP!

I don't like the idea of something totally random for a name, maybe something like "Sticky" or "Stickish" or something of that nature. It has to be something short, because over msn and things people aren't going to want to say "LemonLandOfRetards" or some long random shit.

http://j.imagehost.org/download/0468/Sticky ignore the edges, Flash fail!

Fuck knows!

Veteran Enthusiast

Sounds like TISFAT

I've never used tisfat, but I've heard of it.
    I just want to make a unique, more advanced animator than Pivot, but not something to compete against it. Something for people to use when they feel they want to go one step further with their animations, ya know what I'm saying?

BTW, I should also be able to add a text tool that uses installed fonts

Devoted Veteran

List the options you want on the GUI, and I'll try and mock something up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica
    List the options you want on the GUI, and I'll try and mock something up later.
    Well I haven't thought of all the options I want on the GUI yet, kinda hoped you guys would help me with that.

But these are the thing I'm planning to have in the program:
    File, Edit, etc. menu bar at the top.
    Timeline bar, something similar to the flash one, but if you have a better idea please use it.
    Editing and creating figures will probably be done within the main canvas, instead of a separate window.
    Figure editing tools.
    Background editing tools.
    Effects library (with preview icons).
    Figure library (with preview icons).
    The main canvas.

Those are just the minimum I 'spose, there'll be more than that in the end. I don't have any preference (or idea) in how I want it set out, just something new and unique, but very attractive to a new user, not something that looks daunting, so don't have everything all at once on the screen. Something's should be brought up through the menu and buttons.

I haven't actually figured out all the options I'll be putting it yet, so just go crazy and make a mock-up of how you'd want a more advanced 2D animator to look like, feel free to add your own stuff into it.

EDIT:Added more to my post.

Let me put it this way, hopefully some of you guys will use it if it gets done, so design it how you'd want it to be, that way you can't blame me for poor GUI design skills

Here is my name suggestions
    1)Stick-X
    2) Crunch animator
    3) F.B.S.A (flash- based- stick- animator)

IDK.... Just trying to help

There should be a pencil tool or something where you can directly draw partials, and other details.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1268322832.jpg[/img]
    Your warning level: [ 9000!!! ]Nevik does NOT have a thread D:
    [spoiler:29uah0n9][img]http://**********.com/img/1270657056.gif[/img][/spoiler:29uah0n9]

Yeah, like a flash tool, like a draw in feature. Also with the stick creator add onion skin to it, so if we want to make an animation with all seperate figures in 3D it will look better..If you know what I mean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast