Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Re: Stykz Animation / Chat - Showoff

Making my first animation using the program as we speak. I currently love how fast editing has become and being able to build figures on the stage, it makes basic 3D a joy.

I haven't animated in Pivot for quite a while now, so this is already feeling quite comfortable. Although I am also noticing a certain amount of lag. (may be my PC, it's old, and quite slow)

@ Dr. Dildo: it's pretty much where Pivot would have gone if Pete kept on updating and making newer versions. Or atleast that's how I feel.

Zax

It's weird. I started out with pivot. Then I found out about Stykz. I started using it way more than pivot because it was very efficient and useful. But then I went back to pivot because for some reason my anims looked better on pivot than in Stykz. That's when I joined darkdemon. I have a youtube account with most of my Stykz anims here: http://www.youtube.com/user/penciltron
    I'm Back

I might decide to use Stykz if the interface is put all into one window. The multi-window interface just bugs me for some reason.

Actually 1.5 is when the single window is slotted, so it will be available, some time(saying soon in stykzman sake means like two months or sooner who knows).

Also, for the time being, if edit>preference> or Ctrl+, right at the bottom you can set it up so it saves the windows location so you can adjust so the pallets are at least close together to resemble a full window like pivot. granted you can't move all together, it still gives you a comfort of one window :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dildo
    As you're the creator, I'd like to ask, what makes this different than pivot, as in, what is your reason for me deciding to use this over pivot?
    http://www.stykz.net/faq/pivot_comparison.php

shouldn't this be stickied?

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

I actually downloaded Stykz last year because it was compatible with Macs, and my school distributes Mac laptops to the students, and it gave me something to do on my laptop.
    v The Thread v

Quote Originally Posted by stykzman
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiral
    This is not a lag but, when i want to move a nodes fast (Right to the left fastly) the stick move slowly.

(I have a very great computer, so this is not my computer. ^^')
    Now that 1.0's out the door, I'll be working on performance improvements for the next (and future) releases. In the meantime, there are some things you can do yourself to improve performance in Stykz that's in the Stykz Help (go to Help > Stykz Help >> Troubleshooting > Performance Issues?).
    Okey Donkey, thanks a lot man.
    Katana is my other name on other forums.
    I use google translator too. ._.

First animation, it's not great, rather shaky, but I'm just getting the feel of the program. It's good.

very good krust, great use of the scew tool.

something old i did awhile ago, but still one of my favorites I've done.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Veteran Enthusiast

Acer, it's very shaky and jittery, try and work on that lol.
    Anywaey, my very first styx guys. yay c:

Oh... seems i have deleted a few frames by accident in the 3D spin before the kick. Ah well

Scew tool? (do you mean skew?)

What's that?

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast