Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Flip Fail + Glitch

Hello all, and welcome to my Stykz thread. My name is OblivionFall. I will try to be kind to everyone who posts in my thread, and will return courtesy if I have the time. Please leave meaningful comments, no spamming please. Thanks

I am still getting used to the program Stykz. I doubt I'll ever be as active with this as I was with Pivot, but my animations could be just as good, if not better. In Stykz, I have recently found a way to create gigantic backgrounds filled with lots of shading and details, that is entirely built of a single origin (One click moves everything, colors and all). There is still the issue of lag, but once I get a faster computer, I'll be epic.

My Pivot Thread can be located Here

Animations

Flip Fail
    Me testing out the "streaching" function. Stykz glitched up when it exported the gif. On the gif his head transforms into a ball for 2 frames, in the animation his head remains a Ball throughout.

SpringFoot
    My "first" Stykz animation. Well over a year old now.
    Gif - Stykz

One Click Backgrounds
    My First Stykz Background

Dedicated Member

Re: Springfoot "First Stykz Animation)

Well, I dont want to give any CC for that animation because of two things. One, you're a pivot veteran and you probably dont want to hear that crap begginers, a.k.a me, give you all the time. Two, that was your first animation with stykz and theres a big chance you're making animations ten times better than that at this moment.

So since I cant give any CC then all I can say is, congratulations on making you're stykz thread. And I hope it'll be as popular as you're pivot one.

I love how his head shook in pain when looking up, nice job on that
    I think it'd be a tiny bit better if a frame was deleted when he was lying there, but good job anyways :P

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

I made my first background in Stykz. This entire background is contained within 1 styk file. So I can import, move, rotate and resize it in 1 click. I'm going to make more dynamic backgrounds when I get a bit better.
    My First Stykz Background

Re: Springfoot - First Stykz Animation

Looks Great! May i ask how you got the library option?

E: Also does the Import Stk Option you put in Import Stykz files or Pivot files? If it imports Stykz files can you tell me how you got it up?

Re: Springfoot - First Stykz Animation

Quote Originally Posted by ES1001
    Looks Great! May i ask how you got the library option?

E: Also does the Import Stk Option you put in Import Stykz files or Pivot files? If it imports Stykz files can you tell me how you got it up?
    Go to the Windows menu and choose "Library" (or hit Ctrl-1) - that palette is not usually displayed by default (some people just want to animate and don't want to save individual figures).

Import Stk only imports Pivot .stks, but you can take Stykz stick files (.styk) and drag and drop them onto the Stage to use them, or if you want to permanently add them to your Library, you can click the "+" button at the bottom of the Library palette and select the .styk you want to add.

This is all covered in the docs, btw: Help Menu > Stykz Help.

Re: Flip Fail + Glitch

Flip Fail
    Me testing out the "streaching" function. Stykz glitched up when it exported the gif. On the gif his head transforms into a ball for 2 frames, in the animation his head remains a Ball throughout.

Re: Flip Fail + Glitch

That was really cool. The run and flip were great, but I wasn't too keen on the landing. The arm closer to the center was fine, but because of the vanishing head glitch the other arm was a lot harder to see fall, so it looked more like it just vanished too. The legs looked weird too. I noticed that the top leg (the last to fall) fell over to the far side. But it just looked strange to me, like the guy must have been verrry flexible. I don't know. Either way, good luck, I hope you come to use Stykz more.
    Courtesy?
    [center:37o99slc]Click the sig for my Stykz thread

Thanks to Heather for the sig[/center:37o99slc]