Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stykz 1.0.2 (Build 222) Available for Download

I just released an update to Stykz that improves performance (a bit), fixes a number of bugs, and enhances the Stykz Help:

• General
      [list:scva6csd]
    • - Added compaction to stack saving to help with file size reduction/performance enhancement.
      [/*:m:scva6csd]
    • - Improved performance with moving multiple figures with the arrow keys.
    • - Improved overall performance of Stykz by approximately 15%.
    • - (Mac Only) Added custom icons for Pivot .stk and .piv files.
    • - Fixed bug where the segment shown when drag-copying a segment was "stuck" on the first frame of a document after Stykz crashed. [1444]
    • - Improved performance slightly by not checking Stykz documents when they open for font changes for the current platform. [1449]

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Docs/Help/Support
    • Stykz Help
    • - Added "Copying Segments" topic under the "Working With Segments" section. [1436]
    • - Added "...Copy a Segment?" topic under the "How Do I...?" section.
    • - Updated The Palettes > Controller Palette to include info on playing animations back from the currently displayed frame instead of frame 1.
    • - Added "...Start Playback From the Current Frame?" topic under the "How Do I...?" section.

[/*:m:scva6csd][/list:u:scva6csd]
    [/*:m:scva6csd][*]Figure Manipulation
    • - Fixed bug where attempting to deselect a single segment would deselect *all* of the segments of the target figure. [1434]
    • - (Windows Only) Fixed bug where antialiasing for newly created segments would sometimes not match the antialiasing of the target figure. [1439]
    • - Fixed bug where a polyfill in progress would get canceled if the "3 nodes" reminder alert was displayed. [1447]

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Import/Export
    • Export Animated GIF
    • - Modified Frame Delay so that it would show red if you picked a number less than 6/100ths of a second. [1428]

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Import Pivot .stk File
    • - Changed import so that if you hit the "75 generations" limit, the figure it was creating is removed from the document instead of leaving it partially done.

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Installer
    • (Windows Only) Fixed bug where the shortcut to the Stykz Forums in the Start menu would not work. [1446]

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Menus
    • - (Windows Only) Fixed bug where Show Antialiasing was not matching the currently applied antialiasing of the frontmost document, especially with new documents. [1441]
    • - (Windows Only) Fixed problem where mnemonics (underscores in menu items) were displaying at the wrong time). [1445]

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Palettes
    • Commands Palette
    • Added 'Set Color of Selected Figures - Web Safe' command to allow making a button bring up the Web Safe color picker.

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Controller Palette
    • - Fixed bug that was causing an error dislog to appear when using the scrubber with the Frame Palette not showing.

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Library Palette
    • - Fixed bug that generated an error when trying to add a figure with all segments hidden to the Library. [1440]

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Properties Palette
    • - Fixed bug where creating an empty selection rectangle and releasing the mouse would incorrectly switch to show Figure Properties. [1448]

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Stage/Windows
    • - Fixed bug where nodes of the default stick figure for new documents would be in front of the menubar on Windows.

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Undo
    • - Fixed bug where some error dialogs were displaying when trying to undo the deletion or cutting of figures.
    • - Fixed bug where locking/unlocking a figure could not be undone. [1419]

[/*:m:scva6csd][*]Welcome Center
    • - Fixed bug where closing the Welcome Center after clicking on "From a Stykz .styk File..." and cancelling would bring up a second "Open" dialog box. [1418]

If you have Stykz already, you can do a "Check For Updates", otherwise you can download it at the Stykz web site. If you have any issues downloading the update, or if you find anything new to report, let me know.

Enjoy!

Re: Stykz 1.0.2 (Build 222) Available for Download

I am getting bugs on this new one. I'll post a video:
    [youtube:1x4sfjq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bht2KxsgQi0[/youtube:1x4sfjq8]
    Basically, whenever I add more segments to that "eye", the program instantly closes. Any info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBond
    [youtube:1nrmn4uv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bht2KxsgQi0[/youtube:1nrmn4uv]
    Basically, whenever I add more segments to that "eye", the program instantly closes. Any info on this?
    OMG A BUNNY
    MY ONLY WEAKNESS!
    WTF BOOOOM

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sKale
    [youtube:2zfz00nt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bht2KxsgQi0[/youtube:2zfz00nt]
    OMG A BUNNY
    MY ONLY WEAKNESS!
    WTF BOOOOM
    ...I was planning a tribute to the series: "BunnyKill"
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/502766

[youtube:hb0lqurb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bht2KxsgQi0[/youtube:hb0lqurb]
    It's hard to tell in the video what's going on - can you do me a favor and generate the error again and enter "MrBond" in the description so I can know which report relates to this bug, that would be great.

Alright, just did.

Alright, just did.
    Crud... I just realized I'd posted 222 with part of the error reporting module disabled; I've posted a 223 build that has it enabled. Can you update to 223 and then recreate the bug and put "MrBond" in the description again? (Sorry for the hassle...)

Alright, I'll edit the post when done.

E - Done!

Alright, I'll edit the post when done.

E - Done!
    OK, I think I have this fixed, but can you PM/email me your .stykz file and I'll confirm and send it back to you.

E x

Hey, stykzman. I've realised how Stykz is lacking one IMO very helpful tool. I don't know how to put this pluntly but when you're creating some stick you can't drag just one segment if it's followed by other segments (draging will move those followed ones aswell) so here's my suggestion: make a tool in Stykz so when you're creating a stick and when you press shift and drag some segment, it'll only move that segment no matter if it's followed by other segments or not. (of course leave the current ctrl-dragging tool as it is) I've seen this in other program called "FrozenMator". The person that created this program is an admin of Finnish pivot site (Frozenball/FrozenSolid). The program itself is yet pretty basic compared to Stykz, but it has this option to help making stiks. Hope you got what I'm trying to say..

lol ima noob
    ima stykz noob

in progress:
    Elite attempt (DDCX) - a lot of frames

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast