Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggestion for Stykz

Alright, so I was thinking of features that could be added to stykz, and this one really hit me as original and super effective. So what it for a future version of stykz, a feature in the stickbuilder would be added that would let you free form draw a segment, which will have nodes placed on it every *1cm* (*Customizable Length. I.E: it will let you enter the length you want to have the nodes seperated by.)
    Anywho, post your feedback, support, hate, etc.

Re: Suggestion for Stykz

It's a fine idea, but how could it be useful? You could also just make the segment a multiple of the length you want, then add the nodes, sub-select all the segments that you added, and make the length of them what you want, then fix the angle, and that's it.
    [center:37o99slc]Click the sig for my Stykz thread

Thanks to Heather for the sig[/center:37o99slc]

Sounds cool, but not highly useful. If you wanted to have segments of that sort, you could use a program like Easytoon. I see what you're saying, but it's just not practical in a stick figure animating program. If an animator truly needed that sort of figure, they could build it themselves, it's not all that hard to do. I'm not familiar with how something of the sort could be coded, but I can imagine that it would take more effort to set up the feature than it would to create the stick manually.

Hey nice idea, don't see why everyone hates it so much.

I had this idea too about a year ago, but it was a little different. Instead of having the program automatically just creating nodes, you'd draw a object like you would in any other painting program, then add nodes manually after.

I could draw a complex objects really quickly, then go after it later with nodes.
    [center:2wtks7im][/center:2wtks7im]
    [center:2wtks7im]Anybody want to learn Python/Pygame with me?

Feel free to get a hold of me via:
    }-- Email: Hbattlezone@gmail.com || Steam: [DD} Hbattlezone || Skype: Hbz --{

Or just PM me [/center:2wtks7im]

That's similar to spriting in Pivot 3, isn't it? I think that's a more effective way
    of implementing this idea. I don't hate it, I just don't see any major use for it.
    Stykz would be just fine without it, but I like the 'drawing and then manually
    adding nodes' idea. That could be very helpful.

Something like this is already on the drawing board, but the plan is to implement two different things: the first is when sprite support is added, you'll be able to place as many nodes as you want on the sprite -there will still be a parent node/child node relationship, but you won't be limited to only one node (other than the drag node) like in Pivot. The second is using a freeform "pencil"-like tool that will automatically have nodes attached to it based on how you drew it (so tight curves will have more nodes than open curves). You'll be able to "smooth" the line to reduce nodes, and since it will be just like any other segment, you can Ctrl-Alt-click and drag the nodes (like you do now) to adjust them where you want, or add/remove nodes.

At least that's the idea...

Stykzman, I'll try and keep in contact with you, I have tons of ideas that I thought should be implemented into pivot, that maybe stykz could use.

Adjustable levels of blur, X and Y axis. Just like on flash
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

I really think all of these things can be done with sprites, right? How long would it take to prnt scrn your figure, use another program to blur it and then implement it in that frame as a sprite?

I can't WAIT for sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Krust
    I really think all of these things can be done with sprites, right? How long would it take to prnt scrn your figure, use another program to blur it and then implement it in that frame as a sprite?

I can't WAIT for sprites.
    Krust, the whole point of this is so that an animator can create complex sticks and then animate it. Traditionally, this has been done by drawing out stick by stick, this would save so much time. :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast