Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

Toramaki's Stykz animations

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/1_12_ ... ddanim.gif
    my fourth or fifth animation on stykz.
    im not the best. am i close? no. do i have enthusiasm? hell ya!

my thread: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=89074

Re: Toramaki's Stykz animations

As I said before, you should work around the basics of animation first, such as easing, flow, and foot placement.

That animation had a lot of stiffness and a lack of easing, which seem to be the main two problems.

Easing is when you space a limb slowly at first, speed it up halfway through the movement, and then slow it back down at the end.

Flow is a part of easing. It is when you keep the joint moving consistently forward, not suddenly "jerking" back when it is not supposed to. If you want to change the limbs direction, ease it to a stop, and then ease it into the movement in the other direction.

Foot Placement is when the stick mans' foot stays in the same position, not moving even a pixel. If you were using Pivot there would be an easy fix. But since this is Stkyz, you will just have to make sure the onion-skin lines up exactly with the stick-mans foot. To make small movements easier, activate mouse-keys (Look at tutorial in my signature).

Well, that is it for now!

Just putting this here so you can always see it even when the other one has been buried in Stykz chat lol.
    Money

Fresh Newbie

thank u for ur advice and i will always remember it. i hope that one day u can see me at the top and say i gave him his first animating tips XD
    im not the best. am i close? no. do i have enthusiasm? hell ya!

my thread: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=89074

1 Post Lurker

My first thought is to just go back to pivot2. Easing and placement would be nice to implement. If you did this in about 3 mins, maybe next time come in with a more patient attitude, and put more time into each frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Savir
    My first thought is to just go back to pivot2. Easing and placement would be nice to implement. If you did this in about 3 mins, maybe next time come in with a more patient attitude, and put more time into each frame.
    Please do not post in threads that have been inactive for a week or longer. It is called "bumping", and I'm sorry to say it's against the rules.

Toramaki, you haven't signed in for over a month mate, but if you ever want this thread unlocked, PM a staff member.