Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

1st Stykz Animation.

My first Stykz animation

This program is actually as good as i think. This was animated with 24 FPS.
    im havolis

Re: 1st Stykz Animation.

Umm guys... comments?
    im havolis

Way to fast of a frame rate. Is that 33 fps? The most desirable frame rate is around 18-21. Any faster, and it looks hyper-active.

The animation itself was OK, but you should have used a different base. That one is UGLY.

Edit: Oh it is 24 fps. Well, in pivot that would be 33fps. I guess for Styks the optimum fps is 16-20.
    Money

Very good for a first animation, my first was gawd awful. Try working on your easing and flow, acceleration\deceleration and trailing the limbs in a loose fashion respectivly.

Some things you might like to work on...

[spoiler2q8ubjk]Easing - everything has to accelerate and decelerate, try animating this. Heavy easing would start with a 1 pixle movement of a limb, and then 2 then 4 and you gradualy build up. Different styles of easing might be more like 2,5,8 or 1,2,3,5,7,9. Slower acceleration is not neccacarily better, there just different styles.

Flow-The simple way of explaining this is just to move the lower half of the limbs back towards the onion skin. In more detail, its a bit like animating all your stickmen so that their upper limbs accelerate faster than their lower limbs.[/spoiler2q8ubjk]

You should also consider checking out some of the tutorials, baha's is a good place to start.

[spoiler:n0wbhfsc][/spoiler:n0wbhfsc]

Ward for Administrator