Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

OblivionFall's First 3D Animation

Hey guys, I went to do a short course at an Animation school this week just been, and while I was there I got to use Maya for the first time. By the end of the week, I'd created a model, and completed an animation, my first in real 3D. I've had a little experience with modelling in the past, with the program Blender, but things in Maya work rather differently and it was hard to adjust. For what it was, I thought I did pretty well

[center:1sdjzltt][youtube:1sdjzltt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COwE37m5taM[/youtube:1sdjzltt][/center:1sdjzltt]

I might do a behind the scenes video later. That way, all of you can tell me about how I am 'doing it wrong' and etc. And it'll be great! I'm a complete N00B at Maya, and constructive criticism will be excellent for me

ℋope

Re: OblivionFall's First 3D Animation

I don't have words for it...

Fantasic.
    You are very very very talented.

I used Maya once and wow that was damn great. I don't know if i would be able to do something like this hahaha

Oh yeah bumped dat shit
    |Forum Rules||My Thread|

if you guys need any help or advices add me.

I was in the UK when you posted this. Missed it.

That was really cool. Boggles my mind completely, lol. I am pretty good with Sketchup (shut up it's something!) and I fiddled with modelling in Maya for a few days quite some time ago. I might download a pre-made and rigged character and try something with Maya if I still have it on my system.

Keep us updated, would love to see what you can do if you have made progress since this.

Wow, that was amazing. I don't know why I missed out on this, but thanks to Rofl's bump I guess. This is fucking ill, mate. I had no idea you were this pro.