Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SA
    Enthusiast

Merry Christmas x3 - Simple Christmas Card

I hope to design more using Photoshop gradually, odd bits here and there. And this is where I'll showcase them.

My Latest:

An attempt at a "Homemade" Christmas Card. I think it works : )

The tree design was inspired by a signature I saw awhle ago. I like this one : )

Same as above. But with a Snowman instead : )

Wow, that's pretty nice and simplistic. I think a slight light red to dark red gradient in the background would've improved it, but it looks nice enough as it is. A fairly nice and inconspicuous frame too, and the tree design is pretty cool. If you were trying to suggest motion, maybe you could've duplicated the render and used a motion blue on the layer beneath. I dunno, I'm just throwing stuff out there. :P Nice sig SA.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

SA
    Enthusiast

Totally agree about the gradient background, but I'm too lazy to open PS up and then open the PSD up again, to then save and host. You'll just have to live with it : P
    And I wasn't trying to incorporate movement - Just some cliché stars : D Although thanks for your tips.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Yey, I like it, simple and sweet candy lockeh lickin'. Hope you post more, I like your PS style
    Click here
    Go and check him out.

SA
    Enthusiast

Nuvah Signature in the same style.
    I heeded some of Baha's tips from my first. But the black drop shadow is staying there bitch. It doesn't look right when it's lighter or gone.
    Oh, and I was lazy - AS you may tell : )

Dedicated Member
    I like em, nice simple idea, but the second one is too much like the first. Maybe you could have done the gradient background like Baha sugeested, changed the text a bit, used a different border, I dunno, just so it doesn't look nearly an exact copy of the other one but with a different colour.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the gradient background

SA
    Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy54
    Maybe you could have done the gradient background like Baha sugeested
    I did.
    And the whole point of this was to be basically identical to the other - But with the subject changed. So instead of A Tree in the first - There's a Snowman in the second.
    But I appreciate your comments all the same.

SA
    Enthusiast

This year, I decided to make some Christmas cards for close relatives - Ie: 2 for Parents and Grandparents. This has the instant "appreciation factor" that you can't get with anything else. It also makes up for a present they don't like too much - Or makes up for a small present.

Whatever - here it is:

I'm reasonably pleased with it. It isn't spectacular, no. But I think it looks good and does the job. Baha tried to help by adding sparkling lights/baubles - But it was bit out of character for the card. But thanks to him anyways : )

Fanatic Enthusiast

Wow nice. Would be cool if you like special card paper and a great printer.. then you could like sell stuff that you made : P Man, your good, keep it up.
    Click here
    Go and check him out.

SA
    Enthusiast

Aw <3.
    I do have glossy photo paper : D
    I was wondering about putting the .psd up for download. So people could Modify/Print out their own card of my loose design : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast