Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Devoted Veteran

My thread! No, scratch that, that's shit -- ONO, NO ROOM LEF

lolomfg, I started using PS and I'm absolutely horrendous, but I've already learned a buttload of stuff over the past [s:2qvxout9]two days[/s:2qvxout9].

Click to enlarge!

Here it is:

[tn=200:2qvxout9]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6112/jackbarker.jpg[/tn:2qvxout9]
    That's the first thing I did in PS, I just played around with the settings for a few hours and then made that. No, I don't expect on CC on something as simple as that, just thought I'd share it as it was my numbero uno nigger.

[tn=200:2qvxout9]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1892/boxshity.jpg[/tn:2qvxout9]

There's a similar piece in Darren's thread, which is much better than mine:
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8585&start=480
    I found a similiar thing on the webzz and thought it was a sweet idea so I started making this mess of boxes and stuff for fun, then Darren hopped on the bandwagon and made one of his own.

[tn=200:2qvxout9]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6939/whynot.jpg[/tn:2qvxout9]

There's not really a story behind this one, my friend asked if I used PS and I told him I had literally just started, and then he asked me to create a front page for his portfolio on PS, giving me no specifics. So I looked on teh webzz and found a few hints (the cardboard for the header and footer, and my other friend helped me with the lined background) and just improvised from there. No, that Superman pic ain't mine, I just needed something to fill the space.

[tn=200:2qvxout9]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5158/perffecto.jpg[/tn:2qvxout9]

Story Time
    My friend dropped out of education and took up an art class at the local college, and the past few days I've been going down there to see her. Anyway, I got there too early the other day and her class was delayed as well, so we sat in the class and talked for a while. After a while the teacher stumbles in and says he's got loads of work to do so tells the class (he thought I was a student) that this lesson is mainly about lighting and clipping masks, which wasn't true, it was probably the first two things that came to mind. So yeah, he puts up a tutorial on the SMART Board, and sets it to scroll very slowly and says that when it reaches the bottom we all have to stop and show our results. Only three of us finished, but I added text, changed the render + and stuck some feathers in there so I won. I didn't get anything, and five minutes later I got kicked out for not being a student anyway, but it felt good anyway, considering I beat second year Art students lolfails.
    I've been looking for the tutorial to show you guys, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, sorrylol. It was fecking awesome too =(
    TL;DR = Was in an art class I wasn't meant to be in, beat everyone kgo.
    So yeah, that's it for now. Like I said, any criticism is more than welcome.

Me and Kyle started a joint but I fucked up the saving and deleted all his parts, lol my bad. So yeah we gave up, but this is what I originally made before I sent it to Kyle

[tn=500:2qvxout9]http://**********.com/img/1253923982.jpg[/tn:2qvxout9]

And after Darky mentioned there should be more stars I just quickly dodged out a few, yo

[tn=500:2qvxout9]http://**********.com/img/1253931180.jpg[/tn:2qvxout9]

No idea how to continue it though ):

Re: My thread

i can't see the bottom 1 so i'll rate the middle

the whole thing was pixelated at the edges which made it look really shitty and the gradient made the text harder to read than it should have been

although my comp just crashed so my settings might be a little screwed right now

Edit : i'm on a different computer now looks way better still don't like the gradient though

If you don't know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he's just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It's one world, pal. We're all neighbors.

Devoted Veteran

Re: My thread! No, scratch that, that's shit -- ONO, NO ROOM LEF

Yeah, the text and the gradient don't go well together lol, I'm definitely going to sort that out next time I make something. Although I don't think it's pixelated.. Maybe it's your pc?

text sucks in the block one but apart from that it's good
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

Re: My thread

Quote Originally Posted by arsonistpenguin
    the whole thing was pixelated at the edges
    Definately not pixellated lol.

Keep it up man, whatever criticism you get, everyone starts somewhere. I still think that website thingy is pretty proe.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

The portfolio one is really nice. The edges of the cardboard / paper on the top and bottom looks kind of messed up though. Other than that though it's great! Not too complicated but still nicely detailed.

I like the colorful one in the middle too. I think the colors should be a little more subtle though, it's really varied. I dunno, not very good criticism. You were going for colorful, and it still looks good.

The top one is still cool, even though it isn't much. Obviously no criticism since you weren't trying to pull off anything wonderful.

Eh, don't trust my criticism. I still think they're really good, especially for somebody who just started up again. Looking forward to more.

Devoted Veteran

Update, full story in first post.

Fanatic Enthusiast

I don't know much about art, but they look pretty cool to me. You beat 2nd year art students? Nice.
    I can expect some Jessica Alba renders from you I suppose. ;D
    Cool stuff.
    Animation Thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90312
    Xbox Live: Dare Fusedd
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/powerfusev2

Text stands out more than the dude but whatever, looks good and that's what matters :3
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

that last one looks great! Nice story lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast