Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 35 123411 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

DD Art Worm - COMPLETE

[center:3lkxb51y]The Worm is complete. You can view it HERE.[/center:3lkxb51y]
    Quote Originally Posted by V3ex
    I'm wondering if the Darkdemon community could do something like this:
    http://www.worm.bluesfear.com/index2.html
    (scroll across)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph
    Please read all of the following before entering the worm.

First off, I think it's prudent to place some guidelines in effect in order to maximize the effect of the worm. Here we go.

- Each square must be 550x550 in dimension.
    - Each participant must use one of the following programs, or a similar program:
    - GIMP
    - Photoshop
    - Paint.net- Each participant must save their finished square as a .png file. Higher quality, less bother. Keep a .psd version of your file as well, so if any seam issues occur you may fix it.
    - Each participant must send their finished .png to the next participant on the list, as well as send a copy to myself for archiving purposes. You must keep your .png, and it would be courteous to keep the prior participant's .png for backup, as well. It is suggested that you also forward the .psd version of your square to the next participant, so that they may have an easier time understanding how to blend it.
    - Once you've sent your square to the next participant, you may not change your entry.
    - Do not begin work on your square until you've been sent the previous square.
    - You may not edit the prior participant's square in any way.

Now, while you must follow the rules above, the suggestions below are simply to smooth out the process of creating your square.

- When sent the previous participant's square, open up a new file in your image editor of choice. The dimensions should be 1100x 550. Then, open the prior square in a new layer. Drag this layer to the left, leaving a 550x550 square on the right for you to work on. I suggest you select this area by using the rectangle select, so you do not overlap the prior square. Then, create your square. When you are done, simply cut the image in half along the seam, and send it to the next participant.
    - Do try and make it blend. Too many people seemed to try and start with some minor 'fade out'. While you can do this, it would be better for all of us if you somehow found a way to make it blend properly.

Once we've reached the end of the list, which will be made shortly, all .png files will be sent, from the archive, to whomever will piece this together. We will contact you if the participant prior to you did not send his. Then you may send us his file.

In order to maintain each artist's artwork as it is, we will use the archived version of each square. This means that if you've edited the prior square in any way, be it purposeful or accidental in order to match yours, it will not match up properly. If this occurs, we will contact you, and you will be given an amount of time to rectify the issue. If you do not, then you give up your place in the worm, and it will be sent to another participant to repair or replace as they see fit.

In order to participate in the worm, PM me a formal request, along with a sampling of your work. I will not accept anyone who's best work was a crudely drawn penis in paint. The standards won't be amazingly high, and so long as you've mastered the basics, you will likely get in. Once I've gathered a sizable amount of people to start the worm, around five, I will post a list here. This list will grow as more people join.

Remember, create your file, and send two copies. One to me, and one to the next participant. I'd prefer it if you do not disclose your image to anyone outside of the worm. You can, but what'd be the fun in that?
    Entrants

Darren - Done
    Xeanort - Done
    Dr. Shift - Done
    Mage - Done
    L E G O S ! - Done
    Chaotic Kid - Done
    .va - Done
    EverBlack - Done
    Xenomorph - Done
    V3ex - Done
    Mr. PivAd - Done
    [s:3lkxb51y]WowPivutz - Skipped[/s:3lkxb51y]
    Jonny - Done
    [s:3lkxb51y]Eternal - Skipped[/s:3lkxb51y]
    Lawn Feed - Done
    Kiwi Beach - Done
    [s:3lkxb51y]Code Machine - Skipped[/s:3lkxb51y]
    [s:3lkxb51y]Slide - Skipped[/s:3lkxb51y]
    Strider - Done
    Motion - Done
    Lilyo - Done
    Redcaa - Done
    [s:3lkxb51y]Hectik - Skipped[/s:3lkxb51y]
    MiniTr0ll - Done
    Wolf. - Skipped
    Trelen - Skipped
    Epyks - Done
    Ltlouis - Skipped
    Nour - Done
    EverBlack - Skipped
    Picto
    Domos

If you are on this list as "skipped" and you still want to join, please let either me or Xenomorph know. Or you will not be re-visited.

Compiled by
    V3ex

Re: DD Worm?

Fuck me, that shit would be awesome. But we'd have to get someone good at photoshop to judge who can go in it.

This is an awesome idea.

Enthusiast

Wow that was an awesome idea.
    We have enough artists here.
    [center:b5a7aroj][ Youtube | Shop | Imagehost.org | Baha's Tut ]
    [/center:b5a7aroj]

Enthusiast

As far as I know there are 2 ways we could do it.

1. It stays as 1 document (.psd I imagine) which gets passed along and added to. This would be easier to co-ordinate and it would flow better. The downside is that eventually the dimensions would be like 10000000000x550.

OR

2. One person does their 550x550 document, and gives the next person the last little bit of the piece (like the last 50 pixels on the right of the document). The next person then continues on from that point, and we collate all the separate artworks afterwards.

Veteran Enthusiast ULTRA1337piv0tz's Avatar

Re: DD Art Worm?

If its going to happen, count me in.
    Steam: xendlessnl

Count me in if this is going to happen

i would be in this

If you don't know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he's just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It's one world, pal. We're all neighbors.

I would in on one of these.

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

Quote Originally Posted by Vex
    2. One person does their 550x550 document, and gives the next person the last little bit of the piece (like the last 50 pixels on the right of the document). The next person then continues on from that point, and we collate all the separate artworks afterwards.
    I like this idea the best.

If this happens, count me in.

Page 1 of 35 123411 ... LastLast