Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Tim

My Attempt at Photoshop?

I've never really used Photoshop before, so I thought I'd try it out. I loosely followed Hectik's Crysis tutorial here, but with my own choice of render and C4Ds. So if there is any credit to be given, I guess it goes to him. Anyways, it's not that great but here it is:

I'm looking to improve so any advice from you Photoshop junkies would be awesome. Thanks

Re: My Attempt at Photoshop?

I'm not particularly good myself but you're off to a great start. just keep following
    tutorials until you learn some techniques then try making your own sig without one.
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

Nice start, practice makes perfect, keep it up.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1268322832.jpg[/img]
    Your warning level: [ 9000!!! ]Nevik does NOT have a thread D:
    [spoiler:29uah0n9][img]http://**********.com/img/1270657056.gif[/img][/spoiler:29uah0n9]

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol
    I'm not particularly good myself but you're off to a great start. just keep following
    tutorials until you learn some techniques then try making your own sig without one.
    That's the plan, use all the tutorials I can find here and then move on to the ones I can find on Deviantart. Thanks Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by nevikelmo
    Nice start, practice makes perfect, keep it up.
    Yep, I'll be sure to keep practicing, thanks mate.

try and get c4ds that follow the flow of the render, eg if you have a render of a guy pointing then have the c4d waving to the direction of his arm, not exploding in the opposite direction. you have colourscheming down quite nicely which is something i had trouble with at first so well done. great start, wanna see my first attempt at photoshop?
    spookily its assasins creed too (and much worse than yours), i guess altair just makes for good renders.
    nice for your first, keep cruising sites for tutorials, Deviant art helped me quite a bit when i typed in "sig tut" to the search engine: linky
    keep at it
    [center:3rpb0b91][/center:3rpb0b91]

Enthusiast

Oh wow, I'm honored you chose my tutorial .

I can't really give you much CC except from this, http://planetrenders.net/forums/index.p ... opic=69649 .

Great tutorials from Shuya, and on that site too.

These are some keywords you should use when looking up for some tutorials, since you need to work on them: Flow, C4D usage, positioning and Text.

Keep it up.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny
    try and get c4ds that follow the flow of the render, eg if you have a render of a guy pointing then have the c4d waving to the direction of his arm, not exploding in the opposite direction. you have colourscheming down quite nicely which is something i had trouble with at first so well done. great start, wanna see my first attempt at photoshop?
    spookily its assasins creed too (and much worse than yours), i guess altair just makes for good renders.
    nice for your first, keep cruising sites for tutorials, Deviant art helped me quite a bit when i typed in "sig tut" to the search engine: linky
    keep at it
    Haha, yeah that is kind of creepy. Thanks for the tip I'll be sure to check out some of those tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by H
    Oh wow, I'm honored you chose my tutorial .

I can't really give you much CC except from this, http://planetrenders.net/forums/index.p ... opic=69649 .

Great tutorials from Shuya, and on that site too.

These are some keywords you should use when looking up for some tutorials, since you need to work on them: Flow, C4D usage, positioning and Text.

Keep it up.
    It was a great tutorial, in my opinion (Y) I havn't actually looked through Planet Redners for tutorials, I'll definantly get around to that.

Thanks guys

Don't cover up the render, makes it look bad, and try to keep the flow going in one general direction.
    But it's nice, I like it.
    Don't resize the render too much btw.

Well the colors and the effects on the render itself are great, but the background is too messy and has no flow.
    Good job for your first.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]