Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Art Worm kind of project...

I just go this idea, what if we make an Art Worm, but with a set subject. I wanted to do movies for example. You create something to illustarte your favorite movie ex (just found it on google, i did not make it)
    [tn=500:2jxq0j1v]http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/V-for-Vendetta-v-for-vendetta-482718_1024_768.jpg[/tn:2jxq0j1v]
    and continue it in a worm form (vertical or horizontal). It doesn't have to be movie (I was just planning to make a graphic with all my favorite movies, and then thought of this). It could be anything really, video games, music, people, cartoons, anything.
    Just an idea now. What do you think? If people actually want to do this, then i will make this organized with rules and all that shit.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Re: Art Worm kind of project...

sounds like a good idea, as long as the theme isnt stupid haha.
    Anonninja -> Zelda -> Kiwi bitch beach -> Hardcore Kid -> Trendy

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Kid
    sounds like a good idea, as long as the theme isnt stupid haha.
    I really wanna do movie xD

E: Also, the transition and quality of your entry will have to be good... no bad transitions and fucking up the whole theme or anything like that.

i wont, but im going to have to get back into ps >_>
    Anonninja -> Zelda -> Kiwi bitch beach -> Hardcore Kid -> Trendy

How about making an art worm, but vertically and horizontally? A big, 2000x2000 canvas. Something like a big, shapeshifting canvas connecting all the different styles?

It would be easier to view than an art worm, could be used as a background and would look really damn awesome if done correctly.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emperor
    How about making an art worm, but vertically and horizontally? A big, 2000x2000 canvas. Something like a big, shapeshifting canvas connecting all the different styles?

It would be easier to view than an art worm, could be used as a background and would look really damn awesome if done correctly.
    I was thinking about that too. Using a monitor sized rectangle shape, and you can go anyway you want, as long as you stay connected to the previous square in some way. I was thinking a 1440 X 900 or maybe larger square, and at the end some of us will have to go back and kind of fill in the blank spaces with some kind of background. Donno if this will be harder tho.

It would be harder to manage 2 sides to keep the flow (matching the flow of the square above or below you, while managing the one beside) but it would definitely look amazing.

Oh and personal opinion: Don't make your square be the one to stand out in a crowd. It seems everyone wanted to show their square off the most and put as much of their style as they could, and didn't even bother to keep the flow of the last square. It's better to follow the style of a square and make the worm look overall better than it is to make your own square that looks out-of-place.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

I'm thinking about using a dark background as the overall wallpaper background, which would make the transitions a lot easier. You would kind of keep your entry in a part of the square, but follow the style of those entries around you. You wouldn't necessarily need to link your entry to previous entries (E: only if you are doing the same movie), so to not cluster everything together. I can't really find an example for this, but i think you guys get it right?

Devoted Veteran

I've seen the rectangle thing done on other places, except the way other people did it was there were about 200 blank spots and each was only 100 x 100 pixels or so. They called it a quilt, lolol
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]