Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Should I?

Enthusiast

Should I?

So ive been thinking that my sigs used to suck, so ive been trying to get better. I want to make a sig shop but i need your opinion. Should i make a shop with sigs like this?

Thanks.

(I will add more)

Devoted Veteran

Re: Should I?

It looks like you made a red background, stretched the render to make it look ugly, added a random c4d and then added bad text.

Alright, well since your new to this thing, I'm just going to give generic advice. First thing is that you should try and learn the basic design concepts that make a sig (or any artistic image) work.

http://senthrax.deviantart.com/art/Full ... l-55042010

Here is an awesome tutorial that explains a lot of artistic concepts such as color, flow, focus etc. It will also utilize some PS techniques that will really help you with the understanding of PS tools. You can also use DeviantArt and PlanetRender's Free Tutorial Section for easy access to thousands of signature tutorials. You can make an account and post your stuff their for advice, but I wouldn't really bother. Tutorials are really helpful in not onyl producing a cool result, but they increase your understanding of the program, which will allow to start experimenting with different uses of tools and resources. A lot of you're improvement can come through experimentation and just dicking around, so don't be afraid to just goof around with the tools, you might get something you think is cool. Just keep at it.
    [center:17tuwg7l][/center:17tuwg7l]

^Agreed^

Yeah they are pretty crappy. I suggest you try some tutorials at tutorialgod.com. They have some great stuff for beginning and advanced users.

That being said, try to make more of a "flow" in your pieces, everything seems sort of just slapped on.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus
    ^Agreed^

Yeah they are pretty crappy. I suggest you try some tutorials at tutorialgod.com. They have some great stuff for beginning and advanced users.

That being said, try to make more of a "flow" in your pieces, everything seems sort of just slapped on.
    That, and what everyone else said. Definitely work on your flow a bit more, and get contrast and stuff right before adding C4Ds I think.
    Still blank lol

Spoiler: