Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Nide's now a junior photoshopper.

So I decided to try signature making.

Naruto Shippuden Sage Mode

Crona

Ulquiorra

Kamina and Simon

Asuna and Kirito for Beast on Shuniu: West
    Last edited by Hunter; 15 Jul 2013 at 07:13 AM.

hehe you dont have to rank yourself for everything you do XD

anyways, for the sigs, wasn't a fan of the blurr you added. its cool to add a little bit of it but not covering your main point of interest, the letters should not be the point of interest.
    Add Me On Skype: HMajik66

Banned
    Yeah, thanks man.

Update btw.

Neo

I actually don't use photoshop, just gimp, but I think you REALLY overdid it with the blurrs, I would have just blurred the background and messed with the saturation and colour levels a bit, nice work for a start though!

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

Veteran Enthusiast

I dislike how the text is sort of just there. Try and work the text into the patterns of the background if that makes sense. The closest one to doing that would be the green background one. The middle purple one is the worst in this aspect, it's just green text sitting there.

Banned
    So basically, as a unanimous opinion the blur tool is overused. So maybe instead of that I should just do some work with the bg, and have some of the brushes come over the edge of the render. Also Starke regarding the text do you want it to have relation to the colors in the BG? Like the same colors overall or just have it come together even when different?

Veteran Enthusiast

I meant like, integrate it into the patterns of the BG. So yeah a similar colour, but not so similar that it blends. I'll give you an example:
    http://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/z...ers_poster.jpg

The north remembers part is what I mean, see how it's blended into the background pattern?

Van
    if you are going to blur, don't blur the focal point ie render, if you are going to use a background try out different c4d renders, as a graphical aid.
    download smudge brushes,
    download custom fonts

dont try to make a background if you don't know how.

Banned
    Oh alright, thanks man! I'll get on that asap.

Everyone already talked about the blurs so im not going there.

First off: Text.

A big thing that was suggested to me when I was starting out is to leave text alone until you get good at the making the main part of a sig. You don't HAVE to do this however, but they way you add it seems like it's just 'there'. Remember to not make the text your focal point. Have it out of the way and integrated into the scene/render without being too intrusive. An extremely easy way to make you text fit into a sig (color/texture wise), is to use clipping masks (google it, i wont explain since im on my phone).
    Just play around with the opacity on the clipping mask and position until it doesn't blend too much, but doesn't stick out either.

Now for the main render:

Your render is the main focal point. Its where everyone is going to look when they see you sig. The person who made your sig made

A. The text work around the main render

And B. Made it so the render is the first thing I look at.

Now notice how that person used around 4 colors when making your sig. Reds, Pink, Blues, etc.
    This is what I call a palette. If you make a palette for a sig, and stick to those colors, it'll be much more pleasing to the eye.
    You can adjust the hue or apply gradient masks to adjust the colors on parts of your sig to make it suit which ever palette you decide to use. (Contrast is always good. Look up a color wheel and try to use colors on opposite ends of the wheel. There are websites which actually give you premade palettes that look good.)

Now for the background:

The background (and foreground if you're using it) make the flow of the sig and work around the main render to 'fill it up' and mKe the scene fit into whatever mood or expression you're putting into the sig. You can use nothing but a gradient background and a couple small brushes, or go crazy with c4d's and smudge brushes. (Make SURE you look up what each thing does, so you don't over use it or use it incorrectly ie: using a brush as the main render.)

The background, like the text, should compliment the main render and not take away from it. The background in your sig is similar colors to your main render and text (sticking to a palette) and sit's behind the main render without sticking out or taking away focus from the main render.

I'm going to stop right here. Sorry I couldn't provide examples, go in-depth on certain things, or write coherently (like I said, I'm on my phone). But yeah that's the gist of it. Just look up tutorials (remember not to call the finished result "your's". Use things you learn in tutorials on your own sigs.)

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast