Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Re: Cronos new, clean thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sway
    Haha, that's brilliant, I love how you sotred the momentum in by swinging his back backwards before the flip.

Not a criticism, but a suggestion; When running up to the flip, try
    Run>Leap with one leg>Land with two feet>Flip.

It's how I used to do flips irl back when I done freerunning. The l;anding won't end up in the same result though. He would land with two feet, and crouching over low. You don't have to do it, but I'd love to see you try it.
    aight, sure, I will do that with my next flip dude

I see what you're saying, more of an Olympic approach
    I think that'll look really cool, so good thinking

you give some damn fine comments, and advice, Sway
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

a very impressive flip Crono, although I do see a small jump in motion right when hes about to do his front flip, like its to fast when he flips. I do suggest that adding a small trail at the flip on his head and feet would go a very long way in making the flip look much more realistic *as your specialty in animating is realistic movements* but besides that very fixable jump, I did love the running, the foot placement was excellent *as always* and so was the arm placement as well. excellent work sir.

courtesy *if found this CC useful*

Fanatic Enthusiast

Your newest was cool.
    The running was nice, and the slide at the end was a nice touch. The spacing was cool, it made it look pretty realistic. But I didn't like it.
    As you can see from my animations, I like a little bit more slow, super-eased type of spacing. Your style is good, just not my favorite. Don't take it offensively, I just like a different kind of spacing, thats all.
    The flip was cool, but in my opinion it wasn't eased enough. It just seemed to happen a bit too fast, I think adding a frame there would make it look better.
    If you look at the end, the arms sort of stop moving, and then move again. I would've like it more if you kept them moving more near the end.
    Cool animation, thanks for the comment in my thread.
    Courtesy returned.
    Animation Thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90312
    Xbox Live: Dare Fusedd
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/powerfusev2

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1248292563.gif[/img]
    I always love your animations. Great style, nice spacing; fucking epic.

I will give you a proper comment though:
    I really can't see anything wrong with the first couple of frames, the running is as realistic as it can get and the spacing was perfect. I didn't think the stickfigure should of dipped his head so far down before the flip though, it looks really bad and unrealistic; in reality if I did that I would fall to the ground face first. Before the flip the stick shouldn't be dipping foward/leaning back at all, it should just lean foward and jump off it's back foot, creating the beginning of the flip. I've also noticed you performed the flip very fast, and very low to the ground, it should of been a lot higher and maybe a little slower. The landing was good, would of looked better if you made the stick land then fall on his knees and crawl his way back up.

Thats all, everything else was great.

Veteran Enthusiast

Man that running was super realistic. Great spacing on it too. Everything seemed to be top notch to me, except maybe that flip, it would of looked a bit better to me if you made him go a bit higher. But anyway your style is fucking awesome. Keep it up.

Fanatic Enthusiast

There you go, you got the arms going right. They could still be fixed a little more, but it looks loads better. Now, just try doing what sway said. Also, I will give you a tip when I do a similar style as you.

Ease only when necessary.

Now, you'll probably look at this post and scream at me while talking to a donut... >_>
    But, on certain movements like jumps, and flips, you could ease the power up and then the landing, then it'd look more realistic at least from my perspective.

Enthusiast

I think Streak is talking about when he jumps. If that's the case, I think he is right. The hop was a little off. Maybe he didn't get high enough, or he didn't take enough time to jump, or something, I dunno. But it doesn't look as perfect as the rest of the animation. Just a tidbit of information for your bad self.

[img]http://**********.com/img/1248316268.gif[/img]

took some advice and edited it, then added the last bit

I tried your idea sharp, with him falling to his knees
    I didn't like it though, cause it looked like he just failed to complete the flip like a dip shit haha

also, I corrected the dip before the flip
    made it seem more natural, it was too extreme last time

I made the flip a bit higher, and made him flip a bit further because the momentum was off

so yea, took me like 15 minutes to do that goddamn running in the last segment
    I also made him kinda stumble when he first took off to run, thought it added some spark to it

so tell me what you think about it and shit

It was realistic up until he flipped. The run was good, and didn't spaz out as much as the "runs" you normally do.

The flip was FAR to fast though, no human being can move that fast. you went from have his hands high in the air, to low down with his feet in the air, in a single frame. It's just not possible.

And for he flip he did, he should have jumped up first as someone else said. Again, to flip like that and travel at that [momentum going that way --->>] speed he should have had more of an eased build up. You can't totally eliminate easing, "easing" was created for a reason, and that reason is simply because that's what you do in life... You just, do.

The landing was good, although, again, if he is travelling at that speed, he wouldn't be able to get back up in half a second and immediatley start running in the OPPOSITE direction without slipping or stumbling. You are clearly quite interested in the whole momentum part of animating in Pivot. Well, the truth is, that animation wasn't especially realistic in THAT AREA.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it, just a little fast for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Krustacean
    It was realistic up until he flipped. The run was good, and didn't spaz out as much as the "runs" you normally do.

The flip was FAR to fast though, no human being can move that fast. you went from have his hands high in the air, to low down with his feet in the air, in a single frame. It's just not possible.

And for he flip he did, he should have jumped up first as someone else said. Again, to flip like that and travel at that [momentum going that way --->>] speed he should have had more of an eased build up. You can't totally eliminate easing, "easing" was created for a reason, and that reason is simply because that's what you do in life... You just, do.

The landing was good, although, again, if he is travelling at that speed, he wouldn't be able to get back up in half a second and immediatley start running in the OPPOSITE direction without slipping or stumbling. You are clearly quite interested in the whole momentum part of animating in Pivot. Well, the truth is, that animation wasn't especially realistic in THAT AREA.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it, just a little fast for my taste.
    I half way agree with you there

he came to a complete stop after the momentum caught up with him before his run
    making it possible for him to make a transition that fast

the flip was still too fast, yes, but I kept it like that on purpose

I had in fixed after Berts advice, and I really didn't like the way it looked man
    not sure why, just looked.. bad in my opinion

thanks for the comment

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast