Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Lock this please.

I've been animating using pivot for about 2 months now, I'm not sure how to save to .gif from a Pivot 2, so I can't show you any of my work, but pretty much O.K. action with bad smoothness... Is there a way I could find out the best way to find walking/running, and punching animations without a long time of practice? Thanks in advance, guys.

Courtesy Appreciated(Click either bar for thread^)

Dedicated Member
    Ok, I see your new here, welcome to DD

To save as a gif, click file > save, then at the bottom, it will click gif insted of piv. Type in a file name and click save.

Then an options screen will appear. Put frame delay to 1/6, shrink frames by 1/2, and untick merge. The click ok.

Go to http://www.imageshack.us, or http://www.photobucket.com or whatever, upload the images and post them here

And to answer your other question, have a look around the torials and they will help alot. And no, sorry, there's no way to get better without practice : p

Let's see some anims!

EDIT: Ok, I saw your anim, it's pretty good for a newbie, pretty choppy though. Ok I'll quickly go over easing with you.

When moving anything, move it like this...

|-|--|----|------|----|--|-| |= frames

Ok, that means move it a tiny bit first, then a little bit more, then more, then loads, then less, then slightly less, then a tiny bit less. Get what I'm saying? That's just a brief outline, check out some tuts for in-depth

As for using Bahamuts sticks, I'm sure he won't mind since you credited him

Just keep practicing and you'll get better

Thanks A lot, thankfully see some more welcome people to newbies like myself here, but i'll host some in a minute and edit this post.

PS, I downloaded some sprites from 'Bahamut', so thanks for the background + effects, and if i wasn't supposed to use them I apologise.

Edit: Thanks a lot, i'm going to make a thread now with some of my other ones now

EDIT: Lock this, made a thread.

Courtesy Appreciated(Click either bar for thread^)