Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi im xerxes

Fresh Newbie

hi im xerxes

hi im new to pivot and just think its pretty awesome. ive just learned how to walk and i can do some lighting but thats about it. im learning more each day

so i'll post some of my pivots later

thank you

Fanatic Enthusiast

Hello,
    Welcome to DD. Read the rules, and have a look around. Don't forget to check out the tutorials section as they can be a great help to every one. Introduction thread usually go here, http://www.darkdemon.org/viewforum.php?f=11 But since you made it here that's fine too I guess, go ahead and make this your animation thread though. And I'll check them out.
    Have a nice day, and when you update this thread with your animations PM, because I might forget to check back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Fresh Newbie

first

here is my first pivot

.Piv= http://www.pivothost.org/upload/v2/Xerx ... ss2u87.piv

sorry it is kinda fast. im gonna make other ones that are similar

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Host it as a .gif plz.. I don't like d/ling the animations

Fresh Newbie
    here it is. the .gif isnt as good as the .piv

http://www.pivothost.org/upload/v2/Xerx ... t3aqzu.gif

Hmm yeah, don't make us dl it, this computer won't let me dl it for some reason. :_)
    Little bit choppy, make your movements smaller. Also try looking at some walking tutorials.

Fanatic Enthusiast

It's not bad, but there is room to improve.
    Thi first thing is stiffness, the guy was too stiff when ho was walking, try moving each body part in each frame, like make his body move back and fourth a tiny bit when walking so it looks smoother and flows better, and he doesn't looks so stiff.
    But mostly what you need is practice. Keep animating and reading tutorials and you'll get better.
    Have a wonderful day.

Edit: you might want to change the title of the thread, and you should put your animations in the first post so that people can see them without having to look all over the thread for them.
    The edit button is at the top right of your post right next to the quote button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

something that looks extremely off is how he holds the gun. You have a front and back button on pivot for layering. WHat you do is put the gun in front of the stick and then remove an arm from visibility, whether you hide it or delete it. Then make another .stk of his arm which goes above everything. Also, check Buzz's gun tutorial and others to see how to hold a gun in the proper position.

Does it really matter how you hold a gun? You seen how real O.G.'s hold their guns? Come on man...
    Edit: Ahemm.. Original Gangster, for you...

Fresh Newbie
    thanks for the advice and replies guys. im working on a farily long ani and hope it will turn out good. and also i am going to make a edited version of my first one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast