Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Newbie

Umm....Here's my Animation

Well here's my animation
    Count how many people fall to the floor
    Well here it is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17qloiAPXBY
    Please comment and rate but no bad comments thanks.

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

The youtube animation was pretty good. Your awsome at making fighting scences but it would of been much better if you eased and smoothened it out more. Try looking up Bahas tutorial for basics on pivot animating. it will help you improve heeeeeeeps.
    Keepit up

Courtesy(Just incase youdont know what this meens just click the link below my comment and check out my thread because i checked out yours, oh and make sure you comment on my thread aswell)

Old Newbie

Thanks mate

Aww thanks mate, I watched all your Gifs. They're very smooth. I really liked the Super Duper Combo thing. It was very good. Well thanks for the positive comment, and keep up your talent in animation.

You really are good with the moves and stances for fighting. You're not like some people (noobs) who just randomly make the sticks arms flail out and hit each other, and then claim that they're fighting. My only comments on the fighting is that the head butt looked really weird, and the electric move thing seemed a tad out of place.

One thing that you really need to work on in smoothness and easing. try to move all of a stick's joints in every frame. Yes, every frame. this may seem really hard at first (and it still is for me), but it can pay off. And make sure that by moving every joint, you arn't making your sticks kinda jiggle around randomly. Make sure that your movements make sense, and that they are things that someone could do in real life. That is, unless you want them to have superpowers or something.

And in case you don't know, easing is uber important. Without easing, your animations will look like crap. Trust me. A good place to find tutorials on easing, or anything really is the Tutorial Master List (angles singing). Read it, check out some tutorials, and you'll improve quickly.

All in all, i say that you're about med beginner. the fighting moves were good, but everything else was pretty off.

Courtesy?

Courtesy!

Teal Thoughts: The best website

Old Newbie

Thanks Mate

Umm, where abouts should i use the easing part. I still don't fully understand where i could use the easing technique. My friend also told me to add more easing but i do not know where abouts to put it. Thanks again for the positive criticism.

You ease everything. Every move that you make in Pivot should be eased. Here's two reasons why:

1) It makes everything look totally sexy and smooth.
    2) You ease your movements in real life! Try lifting up your arm. you start slowly, and then accelerate, and when you reach the point where you want to stop, you decelerate. And that, is easing.

And um, courtesy? Just reminding you

Courtesy!

Teal Thoughts: The best website

good, but the pause between the punches is much big, and improve the fall and the movements
    Sorry by my bad english...

Old Newbie

Oh ok

To Teal: Oh ok, so easing has to do with every movement that i've made.I think i finally understand. Oh and sorry, i forgot about checking your animation, i'll check it out now.
    To Esquimo: Oh ok, so i need to make my pauses in between the punches smaller and improve my movements.

Thanks for the comment guys.

good job on the fighting stances. one thing i dont get it why the wall cracks but thats ok. Also just work on easing and stiffness. gj tho.

Courtesy?

Old Newbie

Oh ok

Oh the cracks on the walls are from the impact of the punch or kick. Hmm, yeah i should work on my easing shouldn't I. Well thanks for the positive criticism. Oh and one more thing, your animations were great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast