Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mini / sheezy2's animation trunk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEW ANIMS!!
    ***** - best
    **** - rly good
    *** - ok
    ** - bad
    * - horrible
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    **** -

*** -

***** -

**** - http://i33.tinypic.com/2e1vv9e.gif

***** - http://animatorhost.com/public/1218103342.gif

*** - http://animatorhost.com/public/1218140516.gif - my first in 3 weeks!!!

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Re: mini / sheezy2's animation trunk

I'm locking your other thread here. Please keep all your animations when one thread, there isn't any point for more than one. I'm locking the other one, since it's the oldest.

yhea sorry about that, i forgot to delete it.

The top animation::
    Well, That animation was alright I saw stiffness through out the animation, some parts weren't eased much. some parts weren't realistic.

Now i will get more descriptive::
    Arm Spin part::
    It looked pretty sick man, The legs and the arms looked pretty eased. I saw stiffness in the back. To fix the stiffness problem you should move every joint in the whole stick.

The jump before the kick::
    The jump didn't even look like a jump, it looked like he had a stiff leg and then it just went into the air. The double frame for the jump look good.

The Kick::
    Well the double frame kick looked good. The flaw was it was unrealistic, I dont think that you can kick and push yourself back in the air with just a little hop. The kick was not even that powerful. Once again I saw stiffness on the back and the head. The arms pull in weird then they go out, they didn't even extend all the way. They were bended going up they should fully extend out then go back down.

The end::
    I loved the floppy arm trick adds a great touch to the animation. The rest of the body as it was going down and when the arm thing was going on was mostly stiff. One of your major problems is stiffness man. The wall that slides out was very well done. It was eased perfectly. The name tag part i really did not enjoy it looked alright but it was to colorful for that animation.
    -----------------------------
    The Second animation::
    Well for 3 weeks of not animating it looked pretty good. It looked like it was just for fun, So I will just point out some of the things i noticed, and that I liked etc. . The movements were awesome man I really loved them. The part where he moved from the one spot to the other was really eased and looked awesome. The arms looked really cool to. When he started to point it looked really weird though. The part where the ball came down was great physics and good easing man. I thought that animation was better than your top one ;D.
    Things you need to work on, top priority on top::
    [Stiffness], your stiffness is in almost every part of your animation's.
    [Realism in your animations], some of your movements are unrealistic.
    [Foot Placement], some of the parts your feet placements sucked.
    [Easing], only seen a few mistakes in your easing, but most of it looks sick.

That is mostly it, I will post links for tutorials that might help you.
    Baha everything Tutorial::
    viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22662
    Easing, or movement spacing::
    viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5173

You can find most of the good tutorial's HERE

I hoped that helped pm me if you have any questions or if you need help in anyway.

hey, thanks man. i checked some tutorials and yhea my stifness problom is that i dont ease till the end :3. aka lazyneeees. but ill work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mini
    hey, thanks man. i checked some tutorials and yhea my stifness problom is that i dont ease till the end :3. aka lazyneeees. but ill work on it.
    Well, fix your laziness lol. It is a big problem I really hope to see more from you man you have potential. Read those tut's at least uhh maybe 4 times over so you have it in your head. By the way make another animation, But with no stiffness goddammit.

I'd say your almost inter. Only problem in that anim that the feet didn't ease enough to the end when you ended the jump/kick. High beginner/low int. Your really close tbh.

Courtesy returned.

Credits for Bert for the sig.
    Lol, im trying to be more active on DD

thx im working on a story plot but its one of those days when i suck :3

update

OK,your animations are smooth and fluid, but they are rather stiff. The arms flopped A little to much, but if thats your style, thats cool. Now back to the stiffness, the first animation with the ball, When he threw it, his legs were a bit stiff.

Overall, I think your pretty good. Med-High begginer.
    courtesy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast