Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

NEW UPDATE, FLABBERGASTED!!!

[center:335h8d19]I AM RESTARTING MY THREAD

I have just recently got back into pivot, so i'm a little rusty. Here are my new animations.
    [/center:335h8d19]

[center:335h8d19][img]http://**********.com/img/1247165722.gif[/img][/center:335h8d19]
    [center:2h0fxjzg][/center:2h0fxjzg]

Enthusiast

Re: Meh thread!

Your animations are choppy and needs easing. But work more on easing and physics.
    Curtz returned
    [center:b5a7aroj][ Youtube | Shop | Imagehost.org | Baha's Tut ]
    [/center:b5a7aroj]

Pretty good animations, but like all beginners, you lack the basics. I'll run through them and give you a brief overview of each, so you have the basic ideas. Keep in mind, if anything I type is hard to understand, then you can always go to the tutorials section and read up on some tutorials.

Firs I'll start with
    Choppiness: Choppiness is the term for when you make too large of movements in each frame of your animation. This problem is the easiest to resolve though. You need to make smaller movements in each frame, but once you get the hand of easing (which I will explain later on), this should no longer be a problem.

Stiffness: Stiffness is the result of lack of movement the joints of your stickmen. Stiffness is the largest problem with all animators. I have it too, but you can try to reduce it as much as possible. To do this, you must move every joint in every frame. I repeat, you MUST do this in order to reduce stiffness. After you practice this, it'll become easier for you.

Easing: Now! The moment we've all been waiting for! Easing!
    Now, easing is hardest to explain through typed words, so if you need any more explaining or help, then the tutorials section is the perfect place, there's plenty of tutorials there on easing.
    So! Let's begin!

Here's a visual:
    |-|--|----|--------|--------|----|--|-|

Ok so the above visual represents your animation. The horizontal lines indicate the amount of space you move the object or stickman in each frame, which is represented by the vertical lines. So basically, it's like a car speeding up then slowing down. When you start your stickmen doing something, you start out the first frame with a small movement, notice the one dash in it (|-|), and then in the second frame you double the amount of movement. Continue to double the movement for a total of 3-4 frames, then keep the movement constant, until you want the stickman to come to a stop, then begin cutting the movement in half, until you believe that easing is sufficient.

That's all I have right now, keep up the good work
    v The Thread v

More Work On Easing And Physics And Its Choppy. I'd Say Low Beginner.

Courtz Returned

Quote Originally Posted by PivotDragon
    Pretty good animations, but like all beginners, you lack the basics. I'll run through them and give you a brief overview of each, so you have the basic ideas. Keep in mind, if anything I type is hard to understand, then you can always go to the tutorials section and read up on some tutorials.

Firs I'll start with
    Choppiness: Choppiness is the term for when you make too large of movements in each frame of your animation. This problem is the easiest to resolve though. You need to make smaller movements in each frame, but once you get the hand of easing (which I will explain later on), this should no longer be a problem.

Stiffness: Stiffness is the result of lack of movement the joints of your stickmen. Stiffness is the largest problem with all animators. I have it too, but you can try to reduce it as much as possible. To do this, you must move every joint in every frame. I repeat, you MUST do this in order to reduce stiffness. After you practice this, it'll become easier for you.

Easing: Now! The moment we've all been waiting for! Easing!
    Now, easing is hardest to explain through typed words, so if you need any more explaining or help, then the tutorials section is the perfect place, there's plenty of tutorials there on easing.
    So! Let's begin!

Here's a visual:
    |-|--|----|--------|--------|----|--|-|

Ok so the above visual represents your animation. The horizontal lines indicate the amount of space you move the object or stickman in each frame, which is represented by the vertical lines. So basically, it's like a car speeding up then slowing down. When you start your stickmen doing something, you start out the first frame with a small movement, notice the one dash in it (|-|), and then in the second frame you double the amount of movement. Continue to double the movement for a total of 3-4 frames, then keep the movement constant, until you want the stickman to come to a stop, then begin cutting the movement in half, until you believe that easing is sufficient.

That's all I have right now, keep up the good work

Yeah, i knew about easing and choppiness. Those animations are old and i havent hade any new ani's in forever. which is going to change today

Enthusiast

Nice, you have great ideas. Although in some parts, the feet go beyond the line, and some joints dont move. Low-Med Beginner. But im sure you can improve. Keep practicing and read some tutorials! You can do it!

Courtesy Returned

talk to ya in ym!
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.

Thanks. Im about to do another animation. Im going toward high beginner with this one

you have to work on your easing and foot placement and stiffness
    courtesy returned
    [center:2sxu7v4a][/center:2sxu7v4a]

yeah, thats what im working on in my new animations. Any other advice guys?

Enthusiast

Inside your animashunz having fun with Mr. default :D

There pretty good, but you have a lot of problems too.

Foot placement is pretty bad- I suggest you keep the feet at the same place by looking at the onion skin

TOO much shakyness- Go back through your animation and make sure you movements are complete and fully flow.

Stiffness, BIG problem- Move all the joints in the frames (I know it's hard to understand how can you move all the joints. But keep practicing and you'll understand.)

Easing, don't see much- Ease your animations, it's simple to understand but hard to master. Only way is to practice.

Thanks for the CC on my thread, Courtesy Returned.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast