Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

my pivs courtesy returned

locklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklock
    locklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklock
    locklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklock
    locklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklockocklocklocklocklocklocklock
    locklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklocklock

will make another
    [center:10gm6fu5]courtesy?[/center:10gm6fu5]

Re: pivot

Uuuh, nice running I guess

thx i'm beginner so bare with me

Quote Originally Posted by XANG
    lol, let's waste a comment and not give any criticism at all.

Very good, you have brilliant ideas for your animations, very impressive. As for the animating, you lacked easing and you had a lot of stiffness.

Easing is essential to creating a good and fluid animation. Basically, as you begin an action or movement in your animation, you start out making a very small movement, then as over the course of three or four frames, you double the amount of movement you made in the previous frame, then afterwards, you keep the movement constant, until you begin slowing down, then you cut the movement in half until you reach what you believe to be sufficient easing, then stop.

Here's a basic visual:

|-|--|----|-------|--------|----|--|-|

Ok, so here, the horizontal lines indicate the amount of movement you make in each frame, and the frames are represented by the vertical lines. So in frame number one (you are just beginning your movement) You will make a small movement (|-|) then in the frame 2, you will the double the amount you moved in the last frame (|--|) and so on for a couple more frames. Just don't drag it on too long. Then it all works in reverse when you ease out.
    If this doesn't make sense, then check out some easing tutorials in the tutorials section.

As for stiffness, all you have to do is move every joint in every frame of your animation. This helps build a more fluid and realistic animation.

That's all I have for now, keep up the good work!
    v The Thread v

i try to ease doing that I'll upload something i believe to be smooth and i knew something was wrong with it besides that thanks for saying stiffness I'll try to change that at the end the walking you can tell i know that.my first pivot i didn't know about easing it looks crappy see i wanted to upload it but i couldn't it was to big. Okay I'll go making something real quick. thanks for the complements also.

ok now i think this is smooth no fighting though just movement. tell me what you think

Okay i made another one and i made the second before this one of the kicks is choppy you'll know it when you see it. i thought the first one was smooth but maybe that's because i'm comparing it to other pivots of mine not good ones.
    my second pivot was a test to see how things worked because i was new to it i mostly did sprite stuff. sprites from http://andrewsprites.smackjeeves.com/
    i updated so it's up there now

Fresh Newbie

Nice Nice...... but you need more ease no stuble i'm still a begginer too lol

Davo - Don't post your animations in someone elses thread, and don't double post.
    NECRO PWNZER

Dedicated Member

Necro, you have your OWN thread to post pivots in, please do so there. You will get flamed HORRIBLY, so n00b, please add pivots to your own thread and I will have a looksey there

As for you Ebsketch, this animation, for a first, was GREAT. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by XANG
    This guy is a dumb-ass.

Your running was great, and the ideas that you had all alone in this one pivot were amazing. A lot better than my first (As seen on my page)

You need a lot of help on Easing. Easing will be the greatest tool you will use in pivot, do NOT look at Necro's pivot on easing, crap. No offense.
    Do what PivotDragon told you to do.
    Here is a good easing thingy:
    /-/-/--/---/---/----/---/---/--/--/-/-/-//
    I guess, I don't know lol. But work your way into the crevices of the onion skin, and you will have easing down in NO time, I liked it, it was REALLY good for a first animation, keep it up and you will have Interz in no-time. Pick up easing, all I gots to say.

Courtesy, click the two fools

take a look again at the top i updated. that is my true first pivot and the other one he said the running thing about was like my third thank you for the compliments anyway though was the walking good easing though seriously thought it was i guess i don't have the eye for animations that other who hav more experience than i. i will be back again with another easing test and comment on it i'll try to put some effort into it thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast