Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: What Rank Am I?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low Beginner

1 20.00%
  • Med Beginner

2 40.00%
  • High Beginner

2 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rank Me

Fresh Newbie

Rank Me

View My animation and rank me.

Thanks.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3487/coolmuf.gif

Re: Rank Me

i think you are high beg so keep practicing!
    [center:3kki6dr5]Youtube|Thread[/center:3kki6dr5][center:3kki6dr5][/center:3kki6dr5]

Its very stiff. you should work on that and easing. The physics aren't really the best like when he does a backflip and grabs his legs and throws him before he touches the ground. Yeah that couldn't actually happen. But yeah you work on that, easing and stiffness you you'd be good. med-high beginner. Courtesy?
    - Courtesy?

plaque plaque plaque plaque i told you your animations are low begginer try animating with bases it makes your animation rank boost up by 1

Low-----X---Med Beginner. Very stiff, effect ant that great. and needs easing.
    [center:1w1g4e92]Courtsey?

My Thread[/center:1w1g4e92]

Lol@ ^ Nice comment.... <_<

Don't use effects till you've gotten the basics nailed down, mainly fixing you're stiffness, momentum, power and easing.

Stiffness;

To fix you're stiffness, you have to move every joint / limb / red dot in every frame. Also, try not to make you're animation a stop and go animation. When two guys are fighting they won't pause or anything till the other one is broken and defeated.

Momentum;

When he pushed off from the wall and hit the blue guy with the sword, he slowed down just before hitting him. Now, I don't know if you were going for slow motion but it looked really strange.

Power,

When he punched / kicked / blasted ect. it looks really weak, the easiest way to fix this is to add a small tremor (the screen shakes) when the punch or whatever lands. Other ways include adding a flash (make the whole screen go black) and lots of other things I can't be bothered to add.

Easing;

Take note easing is not required as much in realistic animations, if you want to make them realistic, I would suggest Crono and WereZ's tutorial.

Alright, easing is when the stickfigure moves, it starts out slowly and then gains speed and then slows down before coming to a stop. Like so;

(| is a frame and - is movement speed.)
    |-|--|---|----|-----|----|---|--|-|

Hoped this helped you a tiny bit, and good luck man. Right now, you're about low medium begginer.

Fanatic Enthusiast

LOL SHUTUP PivotXF
    HIGH BEGGINER MY ASS
    (no offenses)
    really, this is low begginer, like, no physics and shit, it's uneased, stiff, choppy and shaky, MAYBE you're a low/med begginer, because it's long and smooth...
    so... keep practicing, read some tutorials too...

Courtesy??
    [center:3i8o92ef]Old thread[/center:3i8o92ef]

Fresh Newbie

Thanks everybody

Very good, but a very stiff, add some more easing and when moving the body move every single joint possibe to get the maximum effect, and the physics are off to
    [center:17uxef6i]
    Youtube Account
    XBL RULES!

???Click it for my Thread???[/center:17uxef6i]
    [center:17uxef6i][/center:17uxef6i]

Devoted Veteran

Well, your main problem is the awkward movements. In real life, a person wouldn't slowly kick and then slide in to a split (if said person were fighting that is). You should think about how fast a kick would actually move in real life and then practice it until you get the spacing* right. Another problem there was stiffness. That simply means you aren't moving enough joints. Remember, you should move the joints in correspondence to the movement you are trying to animate. For the reactions, you should make the general area of the impact react more than the other parts. For example, since he was kicked in the stomach first, he should bend over a bit in responce to the kick. Your easing pattern was alright, but it was really slow; just try to widen up your general spacing. The little flash effect was pretty cool, but you shouldn't do too many effects until you get the other stuff right.

I say medium begginer, almost high begginer. Fix that stuff up and you'll be good to go.

*Spacing is how fast or how much you move the figure in each frame of the movement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast