Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JXYEAH's Animations - Courtesy Returned

[center:2yf0xopi]JXYEAH'S ANIMATIONS - I GIVE COURTESY

First of all, let me state that I am using Stykz, which is the mac equivalent of Pivot. Since I'm using that, there is no way to convert it to a GIF without destroying it, so I instead made it a movie file and uploaded that. So basically, you'll be watching videos of the animations. Also, don't think that Stykz is better than Pivot, it's the EXACT same as Pivot. Now that that's clear, just click the title of the animation to be brought to the link containing it. Constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Animations - Newest to Oldest

Death Fight - My first ever animation - 600 FRAMES[/center:2yf0xopi]
    [center:t21vwo0q]

CLICK FOR COURTESY[/center:t21vwo0q]

Enthusiast

Re: JXYEAH's Animations

Stykz is totally different from pivot. It's actually worse.
    ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????)

Fresh Newbie

not bad man not bad

Quote Originally Posted by I A
    Yeah it is, it's really laggy and there is less options, sorry about saying the exact same, but I don't want someone coming up saying I cheated and I couldn't do it on pivot or something...

Quote Originally Posted by JXYEAH
    First of all, let me state that I am using Stykz, which is the mac equivalent of Pivot. Since I'm using that, there is no way to convert it to a GIF without destroying it, so I instead made it a movie file and uploaded that. So basically, you'll be watching videos of the animations. Also, don't think that Stykz is better than Pivot, it's the EXACT same as Pivot. Now that that's clear, just click the title of the animation to be brought to the link containing it. Constructive criticism would be appreciated.
    I don't know what version of Stykz you're using, but GIF export works just fine so long as you use web colors (there's a checkbox in the Properties palette for that).

Yeah it is, it's really laggy and there is less options, sorry about saying the exact same, but I don't want someone coming up saying I cheated and I couldn't do it on pivot or something...
    Sorry that you guys think that Stykz is worse than Pivot (everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course). But to be fair, (a) Stykz hasn't even been officially released yet, so you're talking about a pre-release version of a brand new program and comparing it to a program that's been around and in use for over five years, and (b) Stykz has way *more* options than Pivot... in fact I could rattle off a dozen additional items without thinking too hard.

And if you're using a Mac, you don't have too many choices, so if you'd like to contribute feedback to help make Stykz better and get rid of the things you don't like about it, I'm open to hearing what you have to say (private or public).

Oh, and BTW, I think your anim's pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by stykzman
    I don't know what version of Stykz you're using, but GIF export works just fine so long as you use web colors (there's a checkbox in the Properties palette for that).

Sorry that you guys think that Stykz is worse than Pivot (everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course). But to be fair, (a) Stykz hasn't even been officially released yet, so you're talking about a pre-release version of a brand new program and comparing it to a program that's been around and in use for over five years, and (b) Stykz has way *more* options than Pivot... in fact I could rattle off a dozen additional items without thinking too hard.

And if you're using a Mac, you don't have too many choices, so if you'd like to contribute feedback to help make Stykz better and get rid of the things you don't like about it, I'm open to hearing what you have to say (private or public).

Oh, and BTW, I think your anim's pretty good!
    OK, everything you said is true, and Stykz is a great animation program, sorry I said less choices, I thought there were... I officially take that back, and apologize. Thanks for being nice about it, and also, thanks for the feedback.

Re: JXYEAH's Animations - Courtesy Returned

Your ok.
    but u need to work on alot of the basics,
    your animations are quite choppy at parts, and u need to ease more.
    Baha's 56k Tutorial is always a gr8 option.
    Stiffness is also der, but if u ease right and work on the basics and physics ull do good.

Curtz Returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Darko
    not bad man not bad
    thanks, but can you leave suggestions or feedback?

Dedicated Member

It's a classic beginner animation:

choppy, uneased, unrealistic and way too long for a start

I advise to grab some tutorials (the Mini Tuts are great imo), and work on basic stuff first, then you can grow to some more advanced moves

Courtesy Returned
    [center:1pgrs2se][img]http://**********.com/img/1245284019.png[/img]

[img]http://**********.com/img/1245261347.gif[/img][/center:1pgrs2se]

[center:1pgrs2se]<<<<<THE NEXT CHAIN OF PIVOTEERS (COP III) WILL SOON BE OPEN FOR SUBSCRIPTION >>>>>[/center:1pgrs2se]

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Okay, i dont believe you about the stykz-pivot thing, but ok.

That was very good for your first ani. VEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRYYY stiff though, and the physics were sorta messed up. I highly recommend Baha's tut, read it, live it, breathe it. Not very much easing either. Just generally work on everything.
    Your comment on my thread was pretty good, so i'm guessing you already knew that stuff. Sorry i cant be much help.
    Courtesy returned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast