Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Rank?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low Beg.

19 51.35%
  • Med Beg.

5 13.51%
  • You don't get a rank, fail-face!

6 16.22%
  • GTFO Winter.

7 18.92%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Creep's Pivots -Update 6/24/10-

New:

Gay Ballerina
    -------------------------
    So, I actually got pivot about a month ago (after being on DD for..a year?). And I'm so fail at it I want to cry after watching the things I make. I've gotten good critique from a few people so far, but I guess I'll ask the rest of you as well.

Oldest to newest:

-Fail (It's insanely slow, I am aware.)
    -Falling Up
    -Ouch
    -Woosh!
    -Climb!!!
    -The Alphabet (Pt 1)
    -The Race
    -The Alphabet (Pt 2)
    -Fireworks
    -Gay Ballerina
    [center:3nsymvr2]
    Writing|Animations|Tumblr[/center:3nsymvr2]

Dedicated Member

Re: Below Low Beginner. That's me.

Yeeeeeaaahhh. Mommy made a pivut! I like em, but maybe it's just because I'm obligated to like them. I actually did like the climb one, it was a really neat idea. Just keep the shit up, and I will always love you no matter what rank you are. And holy shit! I want to make a bush man animation!
    [center:1omt0ts6][/center:1omt0ts6]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Aw it's not that bad come on, you should have seen my first ones.
    D:
    Anyway, as for techniques, learn how not to make stiff animations, by moving all joints per frame, I mean all, most people that I tell this keep stiff, so please move all joints per frame, there's also easing, make sure you do movements like diz:

|-|--|---|----|---|--|-|
    |=frame
    -=movement speed rate.

One of the most important things now, is flow and smoothness, for flow, you'll have to make a continous movement, like, I can't say how, but I guess you can undearstand, like, you'll won't move your upper arm without moving your bottom arm, aw hell forget it, I made an example (piv 2) http://pivotup.com/files/0ws2evcx.piv
    Anyway, it's bad, but I think you get how it works right?
    And as for smoothness, work your easing and movements very well on many frames, and that's it.
    The point to get better is animate.
    Animate a lot, and don't stop making long animations, or you won't be able to in the future.

I hope this helps, and sorry for my bad english.
    [center:3i8o92ef]Old thread[/center:3i8o92ef]

Old Newbie

Hey You are not bad at all, i have seen people animating worst than that, but thats how every one start. Study this thing [ - -- --- -- - ] thats how frames should go, the first frame move it slow, the second a little more faster, the third move it faster than the second, the fourth slow it sown a bit, the fifth slow down a bit more and the last one slow it down greatly. I hope you understand this way.On the ''Ouch'' animation it will look more real if you make a little bouncing animation so that it looks more real, but dont bounce it too much or it will look bad! But whats important its that you tried to animate. Just keep practicing so that i can rate on med beginner.
    [Courtesy? Click Here!PivotB

hey man, i dunno about all these people who post good animations and say they've been doing it for a month . . but i reckon everyone has to start somewhere. I really like your ideas and if you read the tutorials and stuff you'll definetly improve. Keep it up
    JoyToTheStikWorld

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to REAL music (rock, metal, alternative), copy and paste this into your signature

Re: Winter's Pivots -Update 2/16/10-

Ohshits an update~!

[center:3nsymvr2]
    Writing|Animations|Tumblr[/center:3nsymvr2]

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by WinterWeapon
    Ohshits an update~!

That was the most original shit I've seen.
    [center:3sv7emzt]Thread[/center:3sv7emzt]

nice animations, i really like the alphabet one thats really creative. 2 thing to work on, those are stiffness and easing just look at some tutorials thats all! keep up the good work!

Courtz plz

Well, your definitely new to pivot lol. My first ones were pretty fail though. Anyways their good for a start. The new alphabet one was quite creative. Now that you familiarized yourself with the actual program, get into the logic of animating. Check out some tuts here at DD that will teach you about easing and other basic techniques. Keep practicing man.
    [center:1a10eid0]
    [Thread]

TY Zelter for the Siggy and Avatar[/center:1a10eid0]

Devoted Veteran

That was really cool, Winter. The main things I noticed were that the torso was still for the most part; maybe if the next one is somewhat like this, have the body move a little bit. The other thing was how the colors faded, that could've been a little smoother.

Maybe in the next one you can use objects/animals to represent the letters? Anyways, good luck with it.
    C:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast