Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: What am I???

Re: What am I???

low beg
    WAY too stiff and choppy (when not needed)
    its good to see you trying though
    [center:247z4vme][/center:247z4vme]

Fresh Newbie

Okay. I've been going from then making so much so I'll add more, alot more.

yeh pretty low..
    Make sure you use evry joint in the frames...
    turn up your fps.. dont take such big movement jumps between frames... should be fine

Here is some long ass CC for you right now.

1) Easing and spacing. Alright, this is like, the backing principle of how people animate. Easing is the acceleration and deceleration of all movements. You don't want to suddenly start a movement and then stop it or have it go at the same constant speed. So, you'd want to start of with smaller movements, and then get larger and larger, then at the end of the movement ease it off with smaller and smaller movements. Like this kinda:

/-/--/---/----/-----/----/---/--/-/
    / = frame
    - = pixel movement

Of course you don't want to go exactly like this, but that's just the basic gist of it. Of course different movements have different spacings. A faster movement would start off fast and have bigger spaces between each frame ya know? Hope this makes sense...haha.

2) Stiffness. Something you don't want. They way to get rid of it? Try to move every joint in every frame possible, even if its a tiny little pixel movement. Now of course some stiffness in certain situations is alright, but generally we don't want that, so try to move every joint enough, paired with easing and proper spacing to get a smooth feel to it. It will take a bit to get used to, trust me it took a while for me.

3) Choppyness. This works itself out as you get better kind of, since it has to do with easing and stiffness. Basically, don't suddenly move things or make things suddenly appear, stop, then move again, cause it will just look....blah.

4) Shakyness. Another DO NOT WANT. This will probably occur when you are trying to make things not stiff by moving every joint. When doing this, watch the onion skin (the gray shadow left behind every frame). Make sure to not move it in a sudden other direction, even a little bit, it will look shaky, so just watch out for it and edit if you need to.

5) Editing. I saw somewhere someone said it took them a year to learn about editing a frame, haha. Well to avoid this I'll just say it here, if you need to edit a frame you've already made, click the frame you want to edit, move stuff around to your liking, and then click the next frame button (if you use pivot 3 it will do it automaticly when you select another frame). Make sure to go back and use this often is something doesn't feel right.

6) Flow. You'll probably get into this as you get better, but flow is basically how well your movements go into the next one and so on. As you get used to movements, you'll figure how to make them flow. Use the onion skin for this, it'll be really helpful.

You probably didn't understand any of that, but whatever, just keep at the basics and work with your ideas and you will become better.

i love coffee because nothing wakes me up better than scalding the inside of my face and the urge to violently shit myself

Fresh Newbie

Okay. Thanks for the help..

Your low beg, but they were pretty smooth, but you need to work on some movements and physics for sure they are way off, Keep going though everyone sucks(including me) at the beginning (I actually still suck) Go see my thread if you want to see
    Just keep practicing