Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclusive's Pivot Thread - Post on my thread, get a courtesy

[center:141sjbn3]Hello there, just made a new thread so people can actually comment on it. My other one was pretty dead, so I decided to make a new one. Used Pivot for nearly a year( 9 months).
    Favorites:

- I'm pretty glad on this one. I should have done better on it though .

Hit Box - Recent Animation

- Particularly a animation for AOTW #39. I hope I win this one. Don't mind the physics.

Other Animations:
    Untitled Animation test - Piv(Made 13/04/10).
    (Old Animations, Click here)

Projects
    - Ninja Park-our Collaboration
    - Beginner Joint 2

Yeah, That's it for now. Enjoy. Thanks Go to : Darren, Mars41, Crono & Rick, Blue Phoenix, Stickid, Slushie, Krustacean, Picto, Olixfix and others that I haven't mentioned.[/center:141sjbn3]
    [centerlooshnx]
    -[Youtube Channel]-[/centerlooshnx]

Dedicated Member

Re: Exclusive's Pivot Thread - HIT BOX! + Best beg entry

I never seen you around here, so I would just like to say Welcome! Second, the animations are nicely done. Very stop and go, so I would work on that. I see you know easing, very well. But the problem is it seems like you over-ease a bit too much. Try to loosen it a bit. I would also like to say you need to work on reactions. For Example, in your Current Favorite Animation, when the StickMan lands on the ground, he needs to bend downwards more. So, add some spacing, flow, and some easing. That will make it look perfect. To learn really fast, I would suggest looking in the Tutorial section. And to learn flow, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PivAD123

He has a Flow Tutorial. It will teach you all about it. Well, good luck.

Curtz?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleh
    I never seen you around here, so I would just like to say Welcome! Second, the animations are nicely done. Very stop and go, so I would work on that. I see you know easing, very well. But the problem is it seems like you over-ease a bit too much. Try to loosen it a bit. I would also like to say you need to work on reactions. For Example, in your Current Favorite Animation, when the StickMan lands on the ground, he needs to bend downwards more. So, add some spacing, flow, and some easing. That will make it look perfect. To learn really fast, I would suggest looking in the Tutorial section. And to learn flow, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PivAD123

He has a Flow Tutorial. It will teach you all about it. Well, good luck.

Curtz?
    Thanks for the comment!I don't really need a tutorial at the moment, but I'll keep in it mind. Thank you for spotting the things I've done wrong, too.
    [centerlooshnx]

woh i like your style you could have a good future in pivot
    i like your style alot although you chould space your movements out a little
    and work on the stiffness but i can see you really trying complicated stuff
    witch is good to see from a beginner but some tests would be good to see

Your animations are alright, i can spot a number of problems with them, for instance when the stick man landed on the ground on your favorite animation, the legs slid separately and did not show any signs of shock absorption from the spine to the legs, basically, there was no force exerted on the landing and it seemed like he was just hovering.

Also, I notice you don't move the legs much when you do movements on the upper torso, such as when the blue stick man spawned a sword the legs did not move, even a pixel apart, i suggest you try moving all the joints in your later animations.

In your "Hit box" animation, the movements were pretty decent, but really stiff, especially on the part of the arms and the spine, the reaction was descent but the box physics on the landing was horrible in my opinion, it just completely stopped in it's place.

Overall, you're pretty good you just have some rough edges to smooth out, One last suggestion, learn to choose the appropriate spacing of your stick man, such as widening the gap of the spacing when he falls and control the spacing on fights and other movements, some punches and attacks seemed powerless.

Courtesy returned.
    [center:1a8tztwm][/center:1a8tztwm]

Thanks guys. Mavs, I'll try to do that next time.
    [centerlooshnx]

Re: Exclusive's Pivot Thread - Post on my thread, get a cour

Cool,a long animation,not too many of those these days.
    I liked the sword trails when the blue guy was running towards the red guy.However,to make the running look better,I recommend moving the origin of the stick up and down while moving forward,like you did on the red guy.Even though it was a little shaky,the needle was a nice touch.

My favorite animation from you is Hit Box,it's funny,the only problem I found was the head's spacing and the little box twitch at the end.

Courtesy Returned!
    [center:9rak2svi]Click to visit mah thread [/center:9rak2svi]

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel
    Cool,a long animation,not too many of those these days.
    I liked the sword trails when the blue guy was running towards the red guy.However,to make the running look better,I recommend moving the origin of the stick up and down while moving forward,like you did on the red guy.Even though it was a little shaky,the needle was a nice touch.

My favorite animation from you is Hit Box,it's funny,the only problem I found was the head's spacing and the little box twitch at the end.

Courtesy Returned!
    Sure, and thanks man. I'll stick to that.
    [centerlooshnx]

Enthusiast

Pretty cool man. Some of the aspects of your animations are great. But your movements need work. Just keep practicing man. Keep it up!

Courtesy?
    [center:3sv7emzt]Thread[/center:3sv7emzt]

nice effects, but a little stiff.i'd say med- beginner. Keep it up!
    [center:3p228ugp][/center:3p228ugp]

[center:3p228ugp]Click the dragon thingie.[/center:3p228ugp]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast