Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Animation Thread

Well this is gunna be the place i post my new animations :P. Soo since i don't have any new animtions yet i'm gunna show you 2 old ones And if you can please give me some tips. Everyone i show these to say i'm a low low begianner >_>

The first one i made when i was working on a fail collab with my friend

This one i made when i got bored :P It's not as good as the first one though

I'm also wonder if i should finish this one

Re: My Animation Forum

Ok so since i wanted to put in new animations i made these 2 hacky sacK animations

This was for a forum on droidz but i changed my mind >_>

This is really a part 2 after the guy got that hole in his head patched up

is confidential due to government purposes.

Just to correct you, its a thread no a forum. A forum is the whole Darkdemon site. And if you want to be ranked, post it on the beginner hall, just in-case you didn't know.

Old name: Hybrid
    Stay away

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid
    Just to correct you, its a thread no a forum. A forum is the whole Darkdemon site. And if you want to be ranked, post it on the beginner hall, just in-case you didn't know.
    oh thanks i didn't know i'll put it into a thread. I might put the hacky sack one in

Pen
    Enthusiast

Ok, well, since your fairly new to pivot, I'll just go over the basics...

1. Easing: Easing is when a figures movements start slow, speed up, and slow down agian. Or a better example is this:

Frame: |
    Movement: -

Start slow, speed up, and ease the movements agian.

|-|--|----|--|-|

2. Stiffness: This is when a part of your figures movements seem stiff (I guess you can figure out what "stiff" means). To cure this, you need to move each node(The red and orange circles on the figure) on every frame, even when you easing the movements to a crawl. Keep moving them, even when your figure isn't moving b/c he's not supposed to, he *needs* to be moving. Now, to do this, you would use a 'sway' motion. The swaying motion is hard to accomplish b/c its a combo of a lot of easing, and very small movements of the upper body. This takes practice.

3. Physics: I'd hope you'd have a basic understanding of what I mean by physics... When the ball flys into the air, the ball obviously has to come down at some point b/c of gravity.

Ball Physics: When a ball is thrusted into the air, the harder the ball goes into the air, the more frames it takes to ease the ball until it reaches the point where the ball falls.

Stickmen physics: If you stickman was, lets say, he jumped off a cliff. The would combine easing, physics, and stiffness. The figure needs to go up if he jumped, now depending on how hard he jumped, the higher or lower he'd go into the air. But you need to make sure he eases when he reaches the climax. DON'T FORGET TO MOVE THE NODES IN EACH FRAME. Stiffness is a huge factor, and can turn a good jump, into something ugly. P.s. Don't forget the hard langing either. But that's a whole different thing.

Now, I explained the three concepts that are important in you animations that you show here.

I'm sure I was partly confusing, to make sure you get the full idea of what I'm talking about, and to find better and more explained concepts, visit Darren's Tutorial

Now, If you'd like to be ranked, then you need to create a begginners hall thread. Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart
    Ok, well, since your fairly new to pivot, I'll just go over the basics...

1. Easing: Easing is when a figures movements start slow, speed up, and slow down agian. Or a better example is this:

Frame: |
    Movement: -

Start slow, speed up, and ease the movements agian.

|-|--|----|--|-|

2. Stiffness: This is when a part of your figures movements seem stiff (I guess you can figure out what "stiff" means). To cure this, you need to move each node(The red and orange circles on the figure) on every frame, even when you easing the movements to a crawl. Keep moving them, even when your figure isn't moving b/c he's not supposed to, he *needs* to be moving. Now, to do this, you would use a 'sway' motion. The swaying motion is hard to accomplish b/c its a combo of a lot of easing, and very small movements of the upper body. This takes practice.

3. Physics: I'd hope you'd have a basic understanding of what I mean by physics... When the ball flys into the air, the ball obviously has to come down at some point b/c of gravity.

Ball Physics: When a ball is thrusted into the air, the harder the ball goes into the air, the more frames it takes to ease the ball until it reaches the point where the ball falls.

Stickmen physics: If you stickman was, lets say, he jumped off a cliff. The would combine easing, physics, and stiffness. The figure needs to go up if he jumped, now depending on how hard he jumped, the higher or lower he'd go into the air. But you need to make sure he eases when he reaches the climax. DON'T FORGET TO MOVE THE NODES IN EACH FRAME. Stiffness is a huge factor, and can turn a good jump, into something ugly. P.s. Don't forget the hard langing either. But that's a whole different thing.

Now, I explained the three concepts that are important in you animations that you show here.

I'm sure I was partly confusing, to make sure you get the full idea of what I'm talking about, and to find better and more explained concepts, visit Darren's Tutorial

Now, If you'd like to be ranked, then you need to create a begginners hall thread. Click here!
    WOAH thanks for the info poptart People on droidz don't give me examples when they tell me work on my stiffness

Re: My Animation Thread

Heres another new one :3

well this was ment to be awalking test but i uhh.. got alittle bored :P

heres another test but it's supose to be a 23fp but it's on 12 fps

WOAH, dude, stop the triple posting, its against the rules, stop posting your new animations in replies, edit the main post and put them there, also you cant have a thread in freestyle, threads are made in the beginner halls.
    Requesting Lock.
    [center:3i7r1xav]My Thread, Courtesy ?
    BBODDC2 - 4th Place
    Comments:
    [spoiler:3i7r1xav]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium
    Niki's was awesome, the objects used in the animation were awesome and nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker
    I really hope that Niki gets intermediate when he posts the animation on his thread. He deserves it just as much as me.
    Quote Originally Posted by .Gay Black Superman.
    Niki's was amazing. It was like Vigilante at first, but it got better. That was a really top quality animation. I hope he gets inter.
    Quote Originally Posted by BolteuZz
    Yeah Niki's job was amazing, i love it too !
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    Hot damn Niki, Your BBODD2 Was excellent.
    [/spoiler:3i7r1xav][/center:3i7r1xav]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast