Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Emmeri's stickey stickfigure galleria

Hello! Welcome to my thread!
    The Rules:
    Comment out of the kindness of your heart. I will do my best to return courtesy, but I'm sure I'll miss a few people here and there.
    Judge fairly, not critically.
    Don't spam.

Easy? Am I right?

Notes:
    I've had some experience with pivot before, but something would come up before I could stick with it.
    (get it? stick With it?)
    I also have a weird sense of humor.
    Other animators that inspire me:
    Rival -- he's a great animator with a very mature mindset.
    Redberet-- is great at creating and animating fullbodies. I admire that. I like pokemon too.
    lolzafish-- is an awesome poster.
    Beginner Animations!

Newest:

bullet punch!

A new stick test, a kick and some effects.
    A new stick test, a kick and some effects.

A warrior awakens, Part 1.
    I did try to shrink the frames, but then the dialogue is illegible.
    I will continue this.

A movement test. I got lazy at the end because everyone has to get sleep sometime.

A New stick test
    A stick test. I know the tail has some filling in to do. This was made for avatar/stick making purposes.
    [center:1cnzkeid]My Thread[/center:1cnzkeid]

Re: Emmeri's stickfigure postings.

Not much to rate, but by the easing of the tail I would say your fairly good at that. Make a few animations so you can be critiqued accurately. No rank currently, so just put out a few so you can be judged. Courtesy?

Thread|Facebook|YouTube
    Thanks to Khaz for VIP:]
    Thanks to Heather for theme:]

Re: Emmeri's stickfigure postings.

update!
    A Movement test. Come. Look. See. Give advice.

Re: Emmeri's ey -a stickfigure galleria

Now I can judge:] great movements, but some of them look a bit unrealistic. Work on adding a few more frames to get the easing down. What you will make from that will amaze you.

Thread|Facebook|YouTube
    Thanks to Khaz for VIP:]
    Thanks to Heather for theme:]

really good movements but its a little stiff but good work
    courtesy?
    Just no

1) Easing and spacing. Alright, this is like, the backing principle of how people animate. Easing is the acceleration and deceleration of all movements. You don't want to suddenly start a movement and then stop it or have it go at the same constant speed. So, you'd want to start of with smaller movements, and then get larger and larger, then at the end of the movement ease it off with smaller and smaller movements. Like this kinda:

/-/--/---/----/-----/----/---/--/-/
    / = frame
    - = pixel movement

Of course you don't want to go exactly like this, but that's just the basic gist of it. Of course different movements have different spacings. A faster movement would start off fast and have bigger spaces between each frame. Simple

2) Stiffness. Something you don't want. They way to get rid of it? Try to move every joint in every frame possible, even if its a tiny little pixel movement. Now of course some stiffness in certain situations is alright, but generally we don't want that, so try to move every joint enough, paired with easing and proper spacing to get a smooth feel to it. This for me, was the hardest to properly master, just keep practicing and you will eradicate it.

3) Choppyness. This works itself out as you get better kind of, since it has to do with easing and stiffness. Basically, don't suddenly move things or make things suddenly appear, stop, then move again, cause it will just look bad.

4) Shakyness. Another DO NOT WANT. This will probably occur when you are trying to make things not stiff by moving every joint. When doing this, watch the onion skin (the gray shadow left behind every frame). Make sure to not move it in a sudden other direction, even a little bit, it will look shaky, so just watch out for it and edit if you need to. Of course, there are some points were shakiness is needed (Such as when animating muscle control, but that is a little advanced, take a look at some of Crono's or Nice Pants's animations in the Veteran section) .

5) Editing. If you need to edit a frame you've already made, click the frame you want to edit, move stuff around to your liking, and then click the next frame button (if you use pivot 3 it will do it automaticaly when you select another frame). Make sure to go back and use this often is something doesn't feel right.

6) Flow. You'll probably get into this as you get better, but flow is basically how well your movements go into the next one and so on. As you get used to movements, you'll figure how to make them flow. Use the onion skin for this, it'll be really helpful.

From that animation, you are around Low-medium beginner. I really like the little trail, it adds a sort of cartoony feel to the animation, what you should do is read all the CC up there and look at Intermediate+ aniamtion(s). Not only will it help you to become better, you might even get a little inspiration off of one of their animations.

i love coffee because nothing wakes me up better than scalding the inside of my face and the urge to violently shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Lolzafish
    1) Easing and spacing. Alright, this is like, the backing principle of how people animate. Easing is the acceleration and deceleration of all movements. You don't want to suddenly start a movement and then stop it or have it go at the same constant speed. So, you'd want to start of with smaller movements, and then get larger and larger, then at the end of the movement ease it off with smaller and smaller movements. Like this kinda:

/-/--/---/----/-----/----/---/--/-/
    / = frame
    - = pixel movement

Of course you don't want to go exactly like this, but that's just the basic gist of it. Of course different movements have different spacings. A faster movement would start off fast and have bigger spaces between each frame. Simple

2) Stiffness. Something you don't want. They way to get rid of it? Try to move every joint in every frame possible, even if its a tiny little pixel movement. Now of course some stiffness in certain situations is alright, but generally we don't want that, so try to move every joint enough, paired with easing and proper spacing to get a smooth feel to it. This for me, was the hardest to properly master, just keep practicing and you will eradicate it.

3) Choppyness. This works itself out as you get better kind of, since it has to do with easing and stiffness. Basically, don't suddenly move things or make things suddenly appear, stop, then move again, cause it will just look bad.

4) Shakyness. Another DO NOT WANT. This will probably occur when you are trying to make things not stiff by moving every joint. When doing this, watch the onion skin (the gray shadow left behind every frame). Make sure to not move it in a sudden other direction, even a little bit, it will look shaky, so just watch out for it and edit if you need to. Of course, there are some points were shakiness is needed (Such as when animating muscle control, but that is a little advanced, take a look at some of Crono's or Nice Pants's animations in the Veteran section) .

5) Editing. If you need to edit a frame you've already made, click the frame you want to edit, move stuff around to your liking, and then click the next frame button (if you use pivot 3 it will do it automaticaly when you select another frame). Make sure to go back and use this often is something doesn't feel right.

6) Flow. You'll probably get into this as you get better, but flow is basically how well your movements go into the next one and so on. As you get used to movements, you'll figure how to make them flow. Use the onion skin for this, it'll be really helpful.

From that animation, you are around Low-medium beginner. I really like the little trail, it adds a sort of cartoony feel to the animation, what you should do is read all the CC up there and look at Intermediate+ aniamtion(s). Not only will it help you to become better, you might even get a little inspiration off of one of their animations.
    Listen up DD!This is the prime example of how to post in anyone's thread. Thanks lolza for being super-awesome with this post!

Although:
    you are around Low-medium beginner
    I respectfully disagree. I consider low beginner to be something like this:
    http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/v...ket/Lowbeg.gif
    Low beginner In my opinion is where nothing is right. At all.
    Medium beginner, again, in my opinion, is where things start to come together, although there may be some flaws.
    High beginner (in my opinion) is where the movements are fantastic with minor flaws here and there.

So, if I were to rate myself on that animation I'd say I would be a medium beginner.

The reason I make the statement above is not to take on DD's high standards, but rather give people a sense of how I feel about my animations. One thing typed casually and even helpfully over the internet may be perceived as hateful over the internet.

Basically: rate fairly and be nice, like Lolzafish did.

Re: Emmeri's stickey stickfigure galleria

New animation. The fall at the end needs some editing, but I think other than that it's pretty solid.

Also: anybody willing to share a transparency stick for pivot 3? I can't seem to make one.

Here's a test of a new stick, a kick, and some simple effects.

Please comment and cc on this animation AND the other most recent one.

Newest:Petty good.It felt really Stop N' Go.It was stiff and had a choppy feel to it.The effect wasn't really anything.The combo's were pretty nice though.
    Second from top:Pretty bad,actually.It was really stiff and awkward.The 3D wasn't anything special.Try making your own combos and fighting moves to give your animations a unique taste.The laser was pretty good though.
    Movement Test:I'd say that this one is your best.The movements were pretty good.The trails were good too.It was stiff though.
    Can't say much since you have three animations But they're pretty bad.They're stiff and not eased well.They need to be more fluid and less shaky.But they're fun to watch and creative.You should try a easing test everyday.Maybe,like 50+ frames or so.It'll help you get better,faster.So,I need to see more to have a certain rank but for now,it's Low-Med Beginner.Or somewhere along med beginner but that's you movement's test.So yeah,practice,practice,practice.
    Courtesy Returned.
    [center:2swpww2u]|New Thread|Old Thread|Youtube|[/center:2swpww2u]
    [center:2swpww2u]~ Don't bother clicking the thread links for now. My animations are stored in my old computer that is put away for a bit. ~[/center:2swpww2u]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast