Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: AP's Anims

Fresh Newbie
    [img]http://www.**********.com/img/1284284425.png[/img]
    ^please click and join

The main thing i would say to work on would be easing, Theres barely any easing and work physics too.

Courtesy?

Fresh Newbie

Re: AP's Anims

UPDATE!
    [img]http://www.**********.com/img/1284284425.png[/img]
    ^please click and join

the leg is very shaky when he turns around, do you se how it goes forwards and then backward suddenly, you should also check for stuff like that where a limb suddenly changes direction. it was also stiff, you should work on moving every joint at once and it wasn't to smooth, i suggest checking out some tutorials and keep practicing!
    Courtesy(comment on my thread because i did as well, the link to my thread is in my signature at the bottom of my post)

Pingu

Well, this is nice.

I like what you're doing here. You seem to focusing mainly on movement-related stuff, working on fundamentals, etc. You're going about this the right way; it'll make your future animations look much better.

I recommend working on the three most prevalent mistakes that Pivot animators make: shakiness, easing, and stiffness:

-You can tell if your animation is shaky simply by watching it a few times. If you pay attention to the movements of your figures, you can easily tell where the problems are and correct them.
    -Easing is one of the animating fundamentals that is the easiest to learn, but the hardest to implement correctly. The general idea is to animate motions by varying the amount of movement of each figure for each frame. You start a motion with small movements (close spacings), make the movements bigger in the middle, then make them smaller again as the movement ends. Think of it as a car at a stop sign. When you accelerate, you move slowly at first, the faster, and then slow down again when you come to the next stop sign.
    Easing is hard to figure out because the amount of easing you apply will vary with the type of movement you're trying to perform. The best way to get the right amount of easing is just to watch your animations, then go back and fix the bad frames.
    -Stiffness just deals with naturalness (lol) of each movement. The common advice on stiffness is just to "move every joint, every frame." I don't know a better way to explain it; it's just something you have to figure out for yourself.

If you get all of that down, your animations will be awesome

I'm sure that everybody else will tell you exactly what I did; I just hope I went a bit more in-depth.

Courtesy?
    lackoflol
    [center:12fiv8g7]|Thread|[/center:12fiv8g7][center:12fiv8g7]|Click for Latest Update|[/center:12fiv8g7][center:12fiv8g7]Courtesy is appreciated[/center:12fiv8g7]